I hope I'm not screwed

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
well i tried to jailbreak my iPhone with the tutorial by chris716 and somewhere in the process got confused i think at the part after the oktoprep. so i installed oktoprep. after that it says to go back into iTunes an upgrade to 1.1.2. but there is no update or upgrade just restore or setup new iPhone. so i did the restore. long story short iTunes wont recognize my iPhone anymore. so i held the power and home and it came up in recovery mode in iTunes so i hit restore but it gives me an error 1604 i believe and it goes into the screen with the iTunes logo and the cable. so it wont let me restore. WTF! I NEED HELP!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ooh. You should have asked before you Restored. There's another guide that clearly states that you cannot Restore at that point.

I'm not a jailbreaker, but I would suggest downloading iBrickr (assuming you are using a PC) and let it boot the phone. After that, you may be able to perform another update or Restore.

- John

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
just restart the restore process from the beginning..this happened to me twice.

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
How do you start the restore process all over? I've tried to restore though and I can't. It gives me an error code 1604 then puts me back into recovery mode.