I hope that I am not out of line...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

T-HAN

Bronze
May 11, 2007
It’s not the duplicate threads that bother me, its the duplicate threads about this SAME DARN subject. Ok, how about this. Lets get one thread, in it lets let every one who has no interest in this product, or does not like the specs, or thinks it should have 3g or be a N95, and let them post away. That way they are not pulling this stuff out of nowhere in posts that have nothing to do with the 3g or N95.

rlp2011

Bronze
May 30, 2007
It’s not the duplicate threads that bother me, its the duplicate threads about this SAME DARN subject. Ok, how about this. Lets get one thread, in it lets let every one who has no interest in this product, or does not like the specs, or thinks it should have 3g or be a N95, and let them post away. That way they are not pulling this stuff out of nowhere in posts that have nothing to do with the 3g or N95.
:mad: right!

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Your best bet is to post a link to the original thread in the duplicate thread. Hopefully this will cause the poster to search next time before starting a new thread. It will also have the added benefit of bringing a mods attention to it and make it easier for them to combine threads.

As for as off topic comments, there is nothing wrong with politely asking a poster to stay on topic. If they continue to hijack threads, PM a moderator.

Nothing is going to eliminate these issues though. Expect it to get much worse as EI gets a flood of new members in the not too distant future ;).

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you come across a duplicate thread, please point the OP to the original thread. Chances are, there are replies and they can take part in that discussion if they have yet to get the question answered. You can also politely ask them to search. Something along the lines of, "A number of topics have already been discussed here at EIP the search feature is a great tool to find information. Here is a link to (insert topic).

Some folks are new to forums. Over time, they'll learn the ropes.

I also would like to put together more sticky topics on How to use the forums

The good news is that we have people posting AND the server remains rock solid. Unfortunately, I was traveling today and missed the live WWDC. I did notice the site rocked a new high with no downtime. I still have a few things to put in place for the 29th and beyond.

Also, feel free to send me a PM. I don't catch all the dupes and will take care of the housekeeping if you send me a heads up.

If you see spam in any form (cellphone sales, first time poster/linker, free iPods, intentional flaming), please use the Report a Post feature.

-Chris

p.s. - Rebelace... thanks for keepin' it clean.;)