I hope this is not a sign of things to come ...........New iOS6 wallet App

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I tried to reload my Starbucks card on my App.
Get an error message try again and failed again.
So my bank account got 2x $50 pending but my Starbuckscard App is $0
Well upon calling I was told they have issues with the reload online and through App.
Nice to know ... I have to wait days now to get my $ released back to me since it is pending.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Isn't that just the way of credit cards. I've had companies deny stuff from Apple, but allow $3000 fraud charges to hotels in South Africa. It would be great if I was vacationing in South Africa, but it wasn't me making the charges.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Well I use debit I actually have no credit card
The bank is not holding the money and of course Starbucks is not either
If it comes down to pending it is Money in a grey zone
Anyway I reloaded through the App which has my account attached and it gave me an error so I tried again
My bank got the charges but Starbucks did not reload my card :(
NO COFFEE for me LOL
But what if it was a Airplane ticket or something bigger?
I do not know about you but I have not that kind of cash that they just hold a few days.
NFC is all nice and good and cool and hopefully will be not as glitchy as others.
FYI do not reload starbucks until they fixed the issue I was told ......
A note on the website or better a push notification on the App would be nice ? Yeah should be a requirement if you glitch out send a push!

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Well I use debit I actually have no credit card
The bank is not holding the money and of course Starbucks is not either
If it comes down to pending it is Money in a grey zone
Anyway I reloaded through the App which has my account attached and it gave me an error so I tried again
My bank got the charges but Starbucks did not reload my card :(
NO COFFEE for me LOL
But what if it was a Airplane ticket or something bigger?
I do not know about you but I have not that kind of cash that they just hold a few days.
NFC is all nice and good and cool and hopefully will be not as glitchy as others.
FYI do not reload starbucks until they fixed the issue I was told ......
A note on the website or better a push notification on the App would be nice ? Yeah should be a requirement if you glitch out send a push!
I did that once when going to a hotel but decided to pay with cash. They still had the hold on my money in my back. If you don't own a credit card, you should look into a prepaid credit card like greendot. I'm never using my debit card for anything that the charges will be reversed.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I have mine set to auto-reload. Once this is set up you always have money on your card.
I used to do this but realized that it only encouraged me to go to Starbucks more often. Now I manually reload when I need it to avoid overdosing on grande no-water, no-foam chai tea lattes. :)
I would do it but I haven't lived close enough for a Starbucks
I am not certain how my new routine will look like (we just moved here) and if I get regular coffee stops
Starbucks had issues with ALL online/App reloading
I was told.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I did that once when going to a hotel but decided to pay with cash. They still had the hold on my money in my back. If you don't own a credit card, you should look into a prepaid credit card like greendot. I'm never using my debit card for anything that the charges will be reversed.
We have a credit card but I never use it and hubby is a cash/oldfashion man.
I really can't wait for the phone wallet pay option but man it should be 100% working at all times

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I would do it but I haven't lived close enough for a Starbucks
I am not certain how my new routine will look like (we just moved here) and if I get regular coffee stops
Starbucks had issues with ALL online/App reloading
I was told.
I hear that. What I like about the auto-reload is every time I get topped off from my credit card Starbucks sends an email informing me. No surprises. I get down to $5 and auto-reload puts another $20 on it. I'm a Starbucks junkie and I'm there twice a day easily.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
I used to do this but realized that it only encouraged me to go to Starbucks more often. Now I manually reload when I need it to avoid overdosing on grande no-water, no-foam chai tea lattes. :)
Trenta Iced Coffee for me, and a Venti Latte for the wife. Nothing gets between me and my Starbucks! I'm waiting for the IV Drip option. :D