I jailbroke my new 3G, but I think I should have downgraded instead

deenybird

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
When I heard the jailbreak was out for my new 3g, i did it right away thinking i would have access to all the cool 3rd party apps. I thought it would get me access to installer, but instead i get cydia and it doesn't quite fit the bill.

I'm not sure if i'm correct on this, but i heard downgrading to 1.14 or something still allows you to jailbreak with access to installer.

I'd be willing to wait for cool stuff to be ported to 2.0 while i fooled around in the previous version, i think? I've heard a lot of people saying that they won't upgrade to 2.0 because it's not worth it yet. My question is: is it worth it to downgrade?

thanks guys

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
The Dev team has been able to downgrade the Baseband to an older beta, but have not (at least publicly announced) downgraded the BB to get 1.1.4 on there. Furthermore, it almost makes no sense to downgrade to 1.1.4 on a 3G iPhone. Why would you do that? Do you not like the GPS functionality? Hate all 900+ Appstore Apps? Perhaps you just can't wait for all the 3rd party apps to be ported over.

Either way, no public software unlock available yet.