I Joined the Wrestling Team!

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I am so happy :)
-This will be the first sport I have ever played in my life(team wise), and Im ready for the training and hardwork its gonna take for me to win a "couple" matches lol!

Alot of people say that most first time beginners like myself wont win their first match, and I wanna be the first to prove that wrong lol:cool:

So do you any guys have any advice, or stories to share about wrestling, im really excited to start learning

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
stay low and always have leverage. I wrestled many many years ago. I found it fun and enjoyed it. The state champ was on our team. I sucked comparitivley speaking. That was like 1984 or something

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
oh yeah and find you a workout partner! if you are working out and you are not throwing up yet..then you are not working out hard enough. really. its the best time of you life. have some fun. oj had some good advise. stay low, understand leverage points, be quick, learn some trademark moves, go to a wrestling camp, endurance and stamina are your friends. if you are outta shape u wont be able to last long. good luck! and let us know how it goes..

S

Starry

I never wrestled so I'm no help... go figure am I ever help here on the forum *Howling*... anyhow... CONGRATS! I'm so proud of you! You will be awesome... I just know it... :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Congrats on making the team. I didn't wrestle but I had several friends that did. Brandon High School (big in wrestling in Florida) was a neighboring high school so going to the matches were fun.

I love team sporting events. The adrenaline that builds up beforehand is just incredible. Don't get in your own head too much because then you will start to doubt yourself and that is never good.