I Just Discovered Spell Check

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have been here at this forum since July 2007. And today I am a real idiot, I just discovered that on the right side of the panel where you post is a green checkmark for spell checking.

So that means people who have trouble typing can now correct it.

CHRIS you did a great job here.

I have been here at this forum since July 2007. And today I am a real idiot, I just discovered that on the right side of the panel where you post is a green checkmark for spell checking.

That's actually a built in function of the board software. It works great.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007

Reading glasses might help! Or decreasing your screen resolution (makes the letters appear bigger)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
That's actually a built in function of the board software. It works great.
I thought it used a third-party spell-checking app. Once installed it should work on most all vBulletin-based forums.

I only wish there was something for the iPhone.

--
Mike

I thought it used a third-party spell-checking app. Once installed it should work on most all vBulletin-based forums.

I only wish there was something for the iPhone.

--
Mike
Yes it is a third party but the spell check button is there on all vBulletin forums. If you don't have spell check installed on your computer, it will install it the first time. It's been a added feature on vBulletin for several years now.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yes it is a third party but the spell check button is there on all vBulletin forums. If you don't have spell check installed on your computer, it will install it the first time. It's been a added feature on vBulletin for several years now.
yes I know that, and it's why I didn't need to set it up here.

Back to the subject: when I first read this thread I thought it might be referring to some sort of on-demand spell checker (like before inline spell checking became popular). So I was hoping it was something new, and more importantly, something that would work on the iPhone. Oh well, one of these days (auto-correction doesn't always cut-it).

--
Mike

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I would have never known about that had you not mentioned it. thanks man!