I just discovered the button on the earphones...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I know I am probably a little late on this one, but I have had my phone for around 2 weeks. I was looking into getting some new headphones, and I kept reading about the integrated controls on the included earbuds. I thought, maybe I got the wrong pair because surely there isn't something I am missing, or is there?

So I take a look at the earbuds, the mic in particular, and low and behold, it has an integrated button! If you press it once, it answers/hangs up calls or in ipod mode it plays/stops music. Also, in iPod mode, if you double click, it will skip to the next track.

I know I am probably super late on this one, but who cares. I just fell in love with my iPhone all over again and had to share.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
yes i don't know if its been documented but if you just plug the headphones in and click 3 or 4 times.. i forgot.. it will put the ipod function on and set it to shuffle...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it's a really good feature as well. The only problem is that the stock ipod headphones KILL my ears. I can have them in for less than 5 minutes and I get a killer headache. That being said, I use some other earbuds and alas, there's no button like on the stock ones.

I think it's a really good feature as well. The only problem is that the stock ipod headphones KILL my ears. I can have them in for less than 5 minutes and I get a killer headache. That being said, I use some other earbuds and alas, there's no button like on the stock ones.
Yeah I watched a few movies tonight and my ears were a little sore. I know there are better headphones then this but I won't give up the button functions.

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Ya, this is old news for most - which is why people are asked to search before posting. But no worries... :)

My only gripe about the supplied phones is the sound quality. God help me if Shure comes out with high quality in-ear phones that include the little mic/clicker...:sick:

gkreed

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
I bought this from the Apple store: Shure Music Phone Adapter for iPhone

and use my favorite headphones. The button on theirs works just like the one that came with the iPhone. It is fairly pricey ($40) but allows you to use any headphones you already have and like and still have the button function.

Just a suggestion.

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I bought this from the Apple store: Shure Music Phone Adapter for iPhone

and use my favorite headphones. The button on theirs works just like the one that came with the iPhone. It is fairly pricey ($40) but allows you to use any headphones you already have and like and still have the button function.

Just a suggestion.
Do you have a link? I don't see it at Apple.com

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yes, I like the controls too. My gripe is that I wish the mic/button had rounded edges--it consistently catches on my shirt collar and tugs the the ear bud out of my ear.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I really like the fact that you can hear the conversation in both ears...word...I fellin that...what I did to add more comfort to my earbuds is put standard cushions on them

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I had a problem with my speaker/ear speaker and was
using the buds and I would hold the phone up to my
mouth and talk. A friend and I were commenting
how great the sound was....well of course I was
using the bud mic and didn't need to hold the
phone to my mouth. Just think how funny it
would be to a experienced iPhone user to see
me driving holding the phone to my mouth and
having ear buds in my ear? I'm such an idiot!

Live and learn. Thanks for the heads up!

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
I ran a quick search before I posted the thread, as I assumed it had been covered, but nothing came up. Plus, this was more of a "look how dumb I can be" post, rather than a "Hey! Everyone! A new feature!"

On another note, I love Shure's products. I had the Shure e2c in-ear headphones for my iPod and they were great. The sound was incredible, but I couldn't wear them in most situations. They act like earplugs and block out almost everything, including the people trying to talk to me!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I had a problem with my speaker/ear speaker and was
using the buds and I would hold the phone up to my
mouth and talk. A friend and I were commenting
how great the sound was....well of course I was
using the bud mic and didn't need to hold the
phone to my mouth. Just think how funny it
would be to a experienced iPhone user to see
me driving holding the phone to my mouth and
having ear buds in my ear? I'm such an idiot!

Live and learn. Thanks for the heads up!
LOL...LOL...LOL

Jul 30, 2007
corona
Thank you

I know I am probably a little late on this one, but I have had my phone for around 2 weeks. I was looking into getting some new headphones, and I kept reading about the integrated controls on the included earbuds. I thought, maybe I got the wrong pair because surely there isn't something I am missing, or is there?

So I take a look at the earbuds, the mic in particular, and low and behold, it has an integrated button! If you press it once, it answers/hangs up calls or in ipod mode it plays/stops music. Also, in iPod mode, if you double click, it will skip to the next track.

I know I am probably super late on this one, but who cares. I just fell in love with my iPhone all over again and had to share.
Thank you i did not know the funcion of this botton Love it now more, i ha my phone i list 3 monst and i never knew this function.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
It helps to "read" the manual... I learned this before buying the iPhone by watching all the videos on Apple.com.