i just got a job with AT&T!

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
maybe i could misplace a couple of boxes of iPhones so i could sell them to all of you who actually really want one, instead of the people who are getting one just to think they're cool lol........

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
maybe i could misplace a couple of boxes of iPhones so i could sell them to all of you who actually really want one, instead of the people who are getting one just to think they're cool lol........
Congrats on the job! Will you be working crowd control or in sales? We would all love to have any info you can share with us! :laugh2:

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
What kind of job? What part of the country? For AT&T corporate or one of the franchises? Full time permanent or temp job just for iPhone?

Is there a secret handshake? :laugh2:

- SR

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Interesting choice of timing, since AT&T employees can't get the iPhone for themselves at launch, or in the 2 weeks after launch.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Interesting choice of timing, since AT&T employees can't get the iPhone for themselves at launch, or in the 2 weeks after launch.
Ahhh! But there's "the box that fell off the truck" scenario! :cool:

(joking)

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
cool, congrats, be sure to share lots of info with us! ;)

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
cool, congrats, be sure to share lots of info with us! ;)
don't convert to secrecy like jack did when he went to the others' camp to give ben surgery.lol.lost.

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
i couldn't possibly agree more. how could they have passed? especially since they have high speed internet rolled out, that was a big big mistake. At&t is going to gain a huge amount of customers and really hurt verizon. once people buy a $600 phone and commit to a 2 year agreement, they're not going to throw that money away to cancel, and move carriers.

to answer some other questions i'll be working in a franchise store unfortunately, in new york. and yes i'm going to be a full time sales rep, not just for the iPhone. i figure why not do something i like since i'm obsessed with phones anyway and am already a cingy/att customer.....

as for the timing i know it sucks, but i *might* have an insider source to get one, and if it pans out, i will let you all know about it, but until it's solid i cannot say anything yet....

as for the handshakes, ill let you know once i start!

Last edited by a moderator:

hmlaa

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
i couldn't possibly agree more. how could they have passed? especially since they have high speed internet rolled out, that was a big big mistake. At&t is going to gain a huge amount of customers and really hurt verizon. once people buy a $600 phone and commit to a 2 year agreement, they're not going to throw that money away to cancel, and move carriers.

to answer some other questions i'll be working in a franchise store unfortunately, in new york. and yes i'm going to be a full time sales rep, not just for the iPhone. i figure why not do something i like since i'm obsessed with phones anyway and am already a cingy/att customer.....

as for the timing i know it sucks, but i *might* have an insider source to get one, and if it pans out, i will let you all know about it, but until it's solid i cannot say anything yet....

as for the handshakes, ill let you know once i start!
sounds cool!

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Why is it shocking that Apple went to Verizon fisrt? Yes Verizon sucks (I know I have their service) but they do have the largest 3G network in the USA and the largest customer base. So, it would only make sense that Apple would go to them first. Did Verizon make a mistake? Only time will tell.

Apparently you have never been an AT&T customer. I have and can tell you that AT&T customer service is 10X worse than Verizon. Why do you think AT&T sold off their cell businesss unit to Cingular, because no one wanted to be with AT&T. Maybe things will change. But I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator: