I just got an iPad - what to protect with?

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
Long story short I just received and ipad2 as a gift ( I will share the story behind it shortly when I have more time) and I am not taking it out of the box until I get a protection on it since I have kids. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Pkshepherd02

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
Zagg invisishield is awesome! I have it on the front and back of both my iPhone and iPad. If you want to really protect it and let your kids touch it I would put it in an otter box defender.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Long story shirt I just received and ipad2 as a gift ( I will share the story behind it shortly when I have more time) and I am not taking it out of the box until I get a protection on it since I have kids. Any suggestions?

Well the protection should have come first. Would have solve the kid problem. Lol I kid I kid
Are you asking about screen protectors front and back or cases? Or both?

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
Well the protection should have come first. Would have solve the kid problem. Lol I kid I kid
Are you asking about screen protectors front and back or cases? Or both?
Both I guess.

And your funny. Little too late for that kind of protection lol

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Agree with the zagg front and back. There are a zillion cases out there. Some book style. Some like phone cases. Some double as a stand. I like best buy because they have tons of choices.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Congrats on the iPad, I got no suggestions, just wanted to say that.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I have my iPad in a sweet baby blue Otterbox! It comes with an easy to apply screen protector and the case offers amazing protection! My 7 year old grandson uses my iPad a lot (especially on road trips) and the iPad is mint! I am sooo glad you got one!

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
Otterbox is the way to go with kids. I got an Ipad last weekend and purchased a Bear Motion leather portfolio type case from Amazon. Very good fit and looks businesssy. I am keeping the screen naked but I have no children.

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I put it in an otterbox for now since I have kids. One other question I have - I plugged it in to iTunes and it says not charging. I am downloading the lastest software for the ipad as it said there was a newer version when I plugged it up - so does that have to do with it not wanting to charge? I plugged it up with the cable that came with it.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I put it in an otterbox for now since I have kids. One other question I have - I plugged it in to iTunes and it says not charging. I am downloading the lastest software for the ipad as it said there was a newer version when I plugged it up - so does that have to do with it not wanting to charge? I plugged it up with the cable that came with it.
It really is charging. The USB doesn't have enough power to make it realize it is charging. It is though.

rogatsby

Dec 3, 2009
I'm using a leather Smart Cover for the screen and an invisible shield for the back. I absolutely hate bulky cases, and the setup I have has been perfect so far. There is risk of damage if I drop it, but I'm careful and I love that I am not covering up my iPad 2's beautiful design.