I just got an iPad - what to protect with?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MuscleMommy, Nov 8, 2011.

1. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Long story short I just received and ipad2 as a gift ( I will share the story behind it shortly when I have more time) and I am not taking it out of the box until I get a protection on it since I have kids. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

2. Pkshepherd02

Pkshepherd02 Member
    Bronze

Zagg invisishield is awesome! I have it on the front and back of both my iPhone and iPad. If you want to really protect it and let your kids touch it I would put it in an otter box defender.

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Well the protection should have come first. Would have solve the kid problem. Lol I kid I kid
    Are you asking about screen protectors front and back or cases? Or both?

4. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

Both I guess.

And your funny. Little too late for that kind of protection lol

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Agree with the zagg front and back. There are a zillion cases out there. Some book style. Some like phone cases. Some double as a stand. I like best buy because they have tons of choices.

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Congrats on the iPad, I got no suggestions, just wanted to say that.

7. SunnySweet

SunnySweet Contributor
    Bronze

I have my iPad in a sweet baby blue Otterbox! It comes with an easy to apply screen protector and the case offers amazing protection! My 7 year old grandson uses my iPad a lot (especially on road trips) and the iPad is mint! I am sooo glad you got one!

8. Skimball

Skimball Member
    Bronze

Otterbox is the way to go with kids. I got an Ipad last weekend and purchased a Bear Motion leather portfolio type case from Amazon. Very good fit and looks businesssy. I am keeping the screen naked but I have no children.

9. MuscleMommy

MuscleMommy Contributor
    Bronze

I put it in an otterbox for now since I have kids. One other question I have - I plugged it in to iTunes and it says not charging. I am downloading the lastest software for the ipad as it said there was a newer version when I plugged it up - so does that have to do with it not wanting to charge? I plugged it up with the cable that came with it.

10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It really is charging. The USB doesn't have enough power to make it realize it is charging. It is though.

11. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

12. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

Otter Box. Always.

13. rogatsby

rogatsby New Member

I'm using a leather Smart Cover for the screen and an invisible shield for the back. I absolutely hate bulky cases, and the setup I have has been perfect so far. There is risk of damage if I drop it, but I'm careful and I love that I am not covering up my iPad 2's beautiful design.