I just got my iPhone! Yeah!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I got home about an hour ago with my iPhone. I am so happy!
Tried to sych to iTunes to port my phone #. Well, I have the old OS 10.3 and need to update. You can't download the update to 10.4, so I have to install iTunes on my 5 year old PC. So far, I am a little frustrated. This has taken me an hour to figure out.
I will post update after old, old PC restarts...

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Ahhhhhh, I remember the new iPhone feeling well and trust me, it won't go away anytime soon! I feel the same way today, 3 months later!

Congrats! I'm sure you're going to love it!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
LOL I just was about to ansr your previous post convincing your husband to get the iPhone for you good for you! Congrats! My advice...wrk on getting a iMac or MacBook so your performance can be better just my opinon....stay on this site ...there are a lot of good people on here like Tinman...and others who got serious tech sense...trust me w/the wealth of knowledge you got on here you might not need a manual...lol

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Tried to sych to iTunes to port my phone #. Well, I have the old OS 10.3 and need to update. You can't download the update to 10.4, so I have to install iTunes on my 5 year old PC. So far, I am a little frustrated. This has taken me an hour to figure out.
On yeah, STAY AWAY FROM HACKING YOUR PHONE! Trust me...it helps...with all the future updates you want to make sure you don't hack your phone

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Congratz on the iPhone and welcome to the forums.

Do be sure to protect it some way, shape, or form. The dings on mine annoy me.

And about hacking it, just remember that you are always running a risk and any and all hacks can be shut down by Apple at any time.

Have fun with it!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Just make sure you put a case on your phone. You'll be mad when that metal ring gets its first scuff.
I have some nice purses with little phone pockets. I am going to use the microfiber sleeve from a pair of nice sunglasses for now. I want to investigate all the cases before I buy one. I was looking at the Vaja case that is opne in front (no flip). iPhone does seem "slick" so maybe I should at least get some kind of skin for now. I will read some more accessory reviews. thanks!

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
Welcome aboard...happy to have you join us here..hope you are able to gather a world of helpful info here...good luck and enjoy your iPhone!

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
You got it! Awesome! Hmmm I'm wondering what you did to your poor Husband last night to convince him. lol ;)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I forgot to give update. I got the iPhone activated and I have setup the email. That was soo easy. I now have to get my contacts in there. I will have to do that manually.

I do not have any music in it since I could not sync up with the 3 year old iBook G4 with 10.3. That computer has my iTunes in it. (We have a couple nanos and a shuffle for gym/exercise use). No iPhone sync unless you have 10.4 or newer. Another $129, huh?

Overall, I love the phone. I am going to play around with it more tonight. Any tips/advise are appreciated. My cel bill will actually be $9.99 less since the BB data plan was $29.99/month!

socalkevin21

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
On yeah, STAY AWAY FROM HACKING YOUR PHONE! Trust me...it helps...with all the future updates you want to make sure you don't hack your phone
Hacking does not do any harm... just be cautious before you upgrade to a newer (1.1.1 = useless) firmware....

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

...yo i just happened to look at your avatar earlier yesterday...i went to my moms surprise birthday party and saw her toat bag with the same pic on it...i was like "YO! ...wait a minute, this lady got the same image as her avatar.." she picked it at the native american persevation event they had in starke, fl some months back...i'm gonna post the pic...let me see if it wrks:

Last edited by a moderator: