I just got my MacBook Air

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Well, I finally got one. I bought a refurbed one, which will be just fine for what I want to use it for...which is basically internet and chatting when i'm in the living room or not at home.

Anyway, right now i'm transferring files from my old powerbook. Its gonna be awhile, but I cant wait to play with my new toy! :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Congrats on the purchase! I love my MBA and would have a very difficult time if I ever had to let it go. Enjoy!

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Its definitely gonna be a new experience. My powerbook just turned 7 years old.

I'm giving the powerbook to my best friend's daughter. I can't sell it...its not really worth anything. Besides, I made her day when she found out :)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dang, that is pretty old. It's good to see you're spreading the Apple love elsewhere though.

Did you get the Superdrive for it?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Dang, that is pretty old. It's good to see you're spreading the Apple love elsewhere though.

Did you get the Superdrive for it?
No. I can use my imac to install anything. And anything big I do, I do on the imac. Like i said, the air is really just for portability.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Anyone want my old laptop? It's an AST 386/25 portable circa 1994 (if I recall correctly)...

I'm kidding, but that is the only laptop I've ever owned.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Hmmm. You just picked one up and another member had his stolen out if his hands. Something sounds fishy... I'm just joking. I hope you enjoy it and it last as long as your other macs. Also happy belated B-day.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Hmmm. You just picked one up and another member had his stolen out if his hands. Something sounds fishy... I'm just joking. I hope you enjoy it and it last as long as your other macs. Also happy belated B-day.
Yeah, I'm the one who stole it, if i paid $1000 for it after I did. I have the credit card bill to prove it! ;)

Yeah, I cant wait to start playing around with it. I didn't get a chance last night because it was transferring data, but I plan to tonight after dinner for a little bit.

I too, hope it lasts as long as my powerbook did. Odds though, it wont just because of the nature of the machine and how little can actually be replaced on it. The only reason the powerbook lasted so long was because I added memory and replaced the battery....which you cant do with the Air.

Anyway, I'll love it for now! :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes as well ;)

giolicious

Bronze
Jan 4, 2011
www.giolicious.com
Well, I finally got one. I bought a refurbed one, which will be just fine for what I want to use it for...which is basically internet and chatting when i'm in the living room or not at home.

Anyway, right now i'm transferring files from my old powerbook. Its gonna be awhile, but I cant wait to play with my new toy! :)
Congrats! :)

Did you get the 11in or 13in version? Hope you don't mind sharing the specs?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iByron

Bronze
Jan 17, 2011
Houston
I had MacBook Air the 2008 model and gave to my Grandma last year when I got the new MB white one and have not heard a peep out of her about computer issues like I use to when she had that old Dell. Enjoy it though, I may get that 11in soon

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Ummm....I've had my Air for almost 2 years now. Can't believe this thread was resurrected!

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I lolled. Welcome to EiC, giolicious.