I just have to say thanks to Jobs...your scheme worked...I bought

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
I have been to an Apple store 4 times in the last 3 weeks. But couldnt get past $599 price tag. I have a new razor that works on AT&T already.

Plus, the wife was balking at the price. Well when I saw the $200 price drop, i went out that day and got my iPhone.

It's the perfect device for me. I don't text. But would like to check an email or sports score here and there. Edge will do fine for that. We have an open 802.11 channel at work, so I can get other content if needed.

Plus, I carried a Zen Vision M 30g (MP3 Mpeg) player (IPOD KILLER). It has always been a hassle keeping both mp3 and phone on my person. The iPhone solves this problem perfectly.

The calendar, youtube, stock quotes, will rarely get used. I am the target market for the iPhone. Somewhere between a normal cell phone and a PDA.

I am not a mac fan, but this finally fits my needs.

Thanks Jobs.

Jul 2, 2007
Mt Brook, AL
iPod killer?

If you think a Zen is an iPod killer, wait till you have used your iPhone for a while. There is no comparison; there is no iPod killer. :p

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
If you think a Zen is an iPod killer, wait till you have used your iPhone for a while. There is no comparison; there is no iPod killer. :p
I made a MP3 out of grass and it can play videos and make me sandwhiches..is that a Ipod killer? and it can hold 15.5 songs.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
LOL, it would really take something to erase the 110 million ipods out there already with a new device. I don't see the iPod getting killed anytime within the next 10-15 years if ever.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I did love my zen 30g, although I sold it on ebay when I got iPhone but it did everything the ipod did and then some. It was a nice little mp3 but so is the ipod.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I have been to an Apple store 4 times in the last 3 weeks. But couldnt get past $599 price tag. I have a new razor that works on AT&T already.

Plus, the wife was balking at the price. Well when I saw the $200 price drop, i went out that day and got my iPhone.

It's the perfect device for me. I don't text. But would like to check an email or sports score here and there. Edge will do fine for that. We have an open 802.11 channel at work, so I can get other content if needed.

Plus, I carried a Zen Vision M 30g (MP3 Mpeg) player (IPOD KILLER). It has always been a hassle keeping both mp3 and phone on my person. The iPhone solves this problem perfectly.

The calendar, youtube, stock quotes, will rarely get used. I am the target market for the iPhone. Somewhere between a normal cell phone and a PDA.

I am not a mac fan, but this finally fits my needs.

Thanks Jobs.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Thanks...I forgot the Mac folks don't like alternative points of view.

I am here anyway. I'll keep an open mind and we will see where my opinon goes.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Thanks...I forgot the Mac folks don't like alternative points of view.

I am here anyway. I'll keep an open mind and we will see where my opinon goes.
Forgive the bitterness, the last few days have been tough for a few of us. This is by far the best forum to learn everything you need to know about your new toy. Search a bunch and you'll learn a bunch, don't hesitate to ask if you don't find what you're looking for.

Start with this thread...
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/free-add-custom-ringtones-to-iphone.9327/

Last edited by a moderator: