I just joined the team! Now a quick Question or three!

Discussion in 'iPad 2' started by MNJON, Nov 8, 2011.

1. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

I just got my wife the iPad 2 and tomorrow, I'll pick mine up! woo hoo! Exciting!

So, trying to sync her iOS5 phone with the iPad and not doing too well.... Contacts did it all on their own, but I took a pic or two and they didn't go to the big cloud and onto the other unit. So, thats one.....

So for TEXTING... do I need to text to her email address from my iPhone? I don't think it works when I do that.. it just goes to her phone and not ipad. Ugh... confusing!

2. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

It sure would be cool if Apple thought about including some instructions! LOL

3. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

On the photos sync side of things, have you got Photo Stream turned on under Settings > iCloud?

On the iMessage bit - look at Settings > Messages - and the 'Receive At' field - send to the email that you specify there.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Fire up safari on the new iPad and there should be a bookmark for the iPad user guide. It shod have a bit of helpful info.

5. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Ok... got the photo's and contacts syncing up.....

Now... about the Text Messaging. Is there a way to set it up so I would receive texts on both my iPhone and the ipad? Right now, it looks like I need to send to either the phone number (goes to the phone of course) and to the email address (goes to the ipad). Would be best if it went to both.

6. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Great! Thanks for pointing this out!

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

The texts to your iPhone number will only go to the iPhone. If you program your email address from your iPad into your iPhone, the email/iPad/iPod texts will go to both.
    Edit: See Post #3.

9. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Thanks! I tried this and it looks like i have it set up right but still not working. I'm buying another iPad 2 tomorrow (this one is for my wife) and will ask the Apple Setup pro's what I am doing wrong!

Thanks everyone for your help! We got most of my "for now" questions worked out!

Oh, one more question...... how can I delete pictures that were sent to the cloud?