I just need to get something out

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I always know that my EIC family will be there to listen whenever a member has something to say and I just wanted to talk about something with you guys.

Yesterday evening two of my best friends were working on my friend Kyle's car installing a sway bar (to help steering and such) at my friend Jeremy's house. They got the sway bar installed and went to test it out and make sure it was working. At about 5:30 in the evening Kyle was coming around a turn, going the speed limit, and somehow lost control of the vehicle. His car spun around into oncoming traffic and a truck hit Jeremy's door going about 45 mph. Jeremy was taken from us instantly and Kyle was rushed to the emergency room in critical condition. He's in stable condition now. I just left the hospital with him and he has suffered severe head trauma and has fractured his back and pelvis but right now they're focusing on his head, but they're pretty sure he's going to make it.

I've known both of these guys for years. I've been Kyle's best friend since 8th grade and Jeremy's since 10th. Kyle, Jeremy and I lived together freshman year and I've lived with Jeremy all 3 years now.

Their families are holding up as well as they can but I can't even imagine what they're going through. I can only ask that you all keep Kyle and Jeremy in your prayers and thoughts as well as their families in these troubling times.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to listen and I just want to ask you all to be careful and be thankful for what you have.

I'm probably going to be pretty absent around here the next couple of days but I'll try and check back in as much as possible. Thanks again.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
OMG! Thats so sad! Im very sorry and I hope you, and their families are going to be okay. My prayers go out to them.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for your friend and cannot attempt to say anything that will make this any easier for you. All jokes aside, I am truly sorry for you and your friend and all families involved.

H

Hayesimus

Very sorry to hear that. But very glad at the same time that you weren't in the vehicle. I don't know what I'd do if I lost a close friend. Its a loss that can't be put into words effectively. It will take time to heal the wound. The only advice I can offer is that as long as you remember all the good times you had, then he will live on in your memory. A friend as close as this undoubtedly knew exactly how much he meant to you, so try not to think about regrets or things you wished you said. Just focus on the positive times. I hope your other friend makes as complete a recovery as possible. We at the EIC are here for you and an I know we are all thinking of you.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Philly, you already know how upset I was to hear this. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand why tragedies like this ever have to happen to anyone. I don't know what to say in a time like this - but I do know Jeremy was fortunate to have a friend as good as you are up until he was taken.

I'm praying for Kyle, and may Jeremy rest in peace.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Phil, this is terrible and I cannot imagine what you and all your families must be going through. There is something so shocking and heartbreaking about the death of someone on the cusp of really living life. I will be praying for the families, for comfort and that the pain will be blunted somewhat and that healing begins quickly. I don't believe a parent ever fully recovers from losing a child, but I do pray that the sharpest edge will be taken off that grief. You can also be an excellent spokesperson in the future among your peers. Take good care of yourself and of Kyle, who is no doubt going through a personal hell of his own right now. :(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just want to ask you all to be careful and be thankful for what you have.
My thanks is for this point.... which is often the only good that can taken from situations such as these. Reminders...

I'm so sorry for you man. Thanks for keeping in touch with the fold... please continue to do so!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sorry, man. positive vibes are being sent to florida.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
i am really sorry to hear about this tragedy
life is so precious and goes by so quickly
you are probably in a state of shock
as i know i would be if i lost my best friend
i will pray for them and their families
I believe Jeremy is in a better place now and you guys
will meet again when you get to heaven
keep the faith

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I am so sorry for your loss. It is always important to remember how precious and fragile life is....

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am so sorry. I will pray for you, your friends, their families. Life can be so awful sometimes, and with no explanation of why. All we can do is pray. It's so true we have to appreciate and live every single moment of life like it's our last.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Wow I'm so sorry - for you, for the families, for your still struggling friend.

There are no words that help with this sort of thing. You always strike me as a very strong and caring and excellent person Binks - I feel sure you'll be a pillar through all of this, and hope you will find some solace and support along the way as well ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm very sorry to hear this, Phil. I will keep your friends and their families in my prayers. See you around in a few days.

- John

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Binks, I'm so sorry to hear about your tragic loss. My condolences to you and the families involved. I will make sure to keep you guys in my prayers. Stay strong.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Sorry to hear about this, the thoughts of many are with you and your friends' families.

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
very sorry to hear about this.........wow it just sucks

i lost my best friend at what seems to be right around the same age you are so i do understand,life isn't fair sometimes.......again i am sorry