I just purchased Apple TV from Bestbuy

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by Narf48, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Narf48

Narf48 Member
    Bronze

Just purchased Apple TV from best buy, is there anything I need to be aware of for example to i update the firmware or not, is there anything specific i need to do when i set it up. I have been searching this forum for a how to, but haven't found one, also if anyone is interested I bought a harmony link, it works with your smart phone or ipad to make it a remote for your whole entertainment system, and I love it, awesome piece of technology! thanks for your help

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Initial setup is very straightforward. Hardest part is usually keying in your WiFi password. :)

It should let you know during setup if there's an update available - if there is, then definitely apply it.

3. ~DS~

~DS~ Member
    Bronze

There's an app for that: Remote from Apple. Made keyboard easy. :p

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nice. Be sure to check out Air Video in the App Store. It will allow you to stream videos of all file types from your computer to your ATV2 without using iTunes. First, open them on your iPhone/iPod/iPad, then kick them over to the ATV2 via Air Play. It's pretty nice to not have to waste time converting videos to an itunes-friendly format anymore. They have a free and a paid ($2.99) version.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

The App works after you set up the AppleTV
    Also the device has an option to look for updates under settings
    I agree with patrickj usually if you can't get it to work 1st try you need to set the date and time manually first.