I keep missing phone calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SmartAlx, Aug 15, 2008.

1. SmartAlx

SmartAlx Zealot
    Gold

For several months people have been complaining about their phonecalls going straight to voicemail when I've had my phone on me. It just doesn't ring. Just tonight I was expecting an important phone call, but it never rang. In fact someone did call but I didn't get it. Then an hour and a half later, all of a sudden the phone shows 3 missed calls. And now I can't get ahold of the caller.

What gives? Anyone experience this too? Is this an AT&T problem or an iPhone problem? I have 5 bars, airplane mode is off, the ringer is on.

UPDATE:
    Of course. I called AT&T and guess what? They blamed Apple. LOL They actually said that Apple called THEM about these problems. Riiiight. I still got a request started. I am supposed to call them when this happens again so they can "trace the call". How am I supposed to know when someone called me if I don't get the call? LOL

2. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

I believe it's an AT&T issue... I've had it happen to me also. Which made me think maybe it could be Apple because I've had iPhones for a while now. But it also happens with a good friend of mine and she also has AT&T but no iPhone. I've actually gotten an important voice mail 9 hours after it was left for me.

3. ChrisTaylor05

ChrisTaylor05 New Member

Its definitely an iPhone and a post 1.1.4 problem... Thats been happening to me since the 2.0 update and its txts and voicemails too. Im tired of paying 120$ for shotty service. Its just too bad were the little guys and we can do anything except get a diffrent phone and or quit AT&T.

4. iChristian

iChristian New Member
    Bronze

AT&T and Apple need to get their sh*t together! Someone had to say it haha.

5. JimmyR

JimmyR New Member

Sounds like a carrier problem. I've never had this issue. All calls come through fine, but I'm not with AT&T.

6. iLobster

iLobster New Member

I'm with Softbank in Japan, and I've had issues regarding missed calls and people have told me they had error messages when sending me texts / emails to my iPhone address.

It's hard to say whether it's an iPhone problem or a carrier issue. Maybe both?

7. chrismmm

chrismmm New Member
    Silver

if your service is off or you are outta range or have your VMS setup wrong....this may be the reasoning..

8. Vpeach

Vpeach Member
    Bronze

It's good to know that I"m not the only one experiencing this problem. The past 3 days I've had ppl complaining that they can't get a hold of me. I've restarted the phone, but it still goes straight to voicemail.

This is pretty frustrating and I hope somebody figures out a solution soon!

9. i robot

i robot Member
    Silver

Have you problems with particular contacts? I had a while back and I deleted those contacts and reentered them on the iPhone manually and everything worked fine. This may not be your issue but if it is particular contacts try re-entering one to see if it helps. Just a stab in the dark.

10. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

i don't have my iPhone yet but im with helio and this happens to only a few people i have in my contacts. when i text them and they reply it says "my number" and then what they typed. its a PITA to figure out who sends what. when those people try and call it goes straight to voicemail. im going to try and delete them and re-enter them now.

11. rmfnla

rmfnla Member
    Bronze

I think it's a carrier problem, too.

I have been with AT&T for MANY years and this has happened with every phone I have ever had; Ericsson, Nokia, Motorola, etc.

It also sometimes takes a day or two for a voicemail to reach me, although that seems to have gotten better.

12. Cusca

Cusca Member
    Bronze

i have the same problem for quite a while now, but i guess i`m used to it and it`s def not a carrier issue, something is wrong with some iPhones :)

13. OhWhyMe

OhWhyMe New Member
    Bronze

I don't think its a firmware/iPhone issue, I still have 1.1.4 and that just happened to me last night. I think its gotta be an AT&T issue.

14. Elbacanazo920

Elbacanazo920 New Member
    Bronze

My friend Had an issue with her nextel, similar to yours but with text messages not going through. Nextel told her to turn her phone off for like 10 minutes, because the phone company updates never got to her phone because she never turned it off.

15. SmartAlx

SmartAlx Zealot
    Gold

Well, first I can't possibly do that at the moment because I'm expecting a very very important phone call any minute.

Second, we all know that iPhone updates don't come from AT&T over the air so I doubt that's it anyway.

16. rmfnla

rmfnla Member
    Bronze

How can a phone (or any device) get an update if it's turned off?

17. SmartAlx

SmartAlx Zealot
    Gold

UPDATE:
    Of course. I called AT&T and guess what? They blamed Apple. LOL They actually said that Apple called THEM about these problems. Riiiight. I still got a request started. I am supposed to call them when this happens again so they can "trace the call". How am I supposed to know when someone called me if I don't get the call? LOL

18. MileHighRob

MileHighRob Zealot
    Gold

You sound certain of this. I am convinced otherwise.

19. kokogirl

kokogirl New Member
    Gold

I think it may be a bad combo of iPhone issues and carrier issues.

I have had my phone calls go straight to VM on my RAZR. When a bunch of us on ATT were in Vegas for a trade show, none of us could call each other (we all had RAZR or BB). But we could get calls from anyone outside of Vegas. I also sometimes have trouble getting calls on ATT when I visit my parents in Atlanta, no matter what phone I am using.

20. Video

Video Member

Although the ring setting is set-up on loud (iPhone 5). My phone only vibrates on incoming calls but no ring. When I test the ringer it works fine. Any thoughts on how to correct problem?

Sent using iCafe app