I keep updating to Yosemite, iPhoto won't install.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Bennyboy, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

After I'm done, it won't even ask me to restart even thou it says that a restart is required. After I restart my Mac the 1 badge still shows on my App Store and again I'm asked to update. I've updated 5 times so far. iPhoto does the same thing, but that one is stuck on "install" which I get a spinning wheel for about 5 seconds then nothing, the "install" shows up again. Because of that I can't open iPhoto, I get the "in order to use iPhoto you need to update to the latest version"

I own a MacBook (13-inch aluminum, late 2008)

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Btw Yosemite is installed, but I keep updating hoping that something went wrong with the update and that's why iPhoto won't install.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sorry for the late reply.

1. Backup your iPhoto library by dragging it to a backup disk or copying it to another location on the same disk.
    2. Make a Time Machine backup.
    3. Delete the iPhoto application.
    4. Go to the App Store and reinstall it. If it says "Update" when you first go there to reinstall it, give it a couple minutes. When it says "Free" you can install it.

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Thank you, Mindi. I was able to get it to stick. Dunno why it wouldn't let me. It's all good now. Thanks again.