I kind of miss the old YouTube

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by shantisyndrome, Oct 3, 2012.

1. shantisyndrome

Bronze

Because you could listen to music or whatever you are watching without looking at the actual app! I thought it was super convenient. Did people do this with the old YouTube app, do you miss it?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Huh? I thought the old YouTube app didn't play audio in the background either. Am I missing something? I personally like the Google developed app better.

3. shantisyndrome

Bronze

It diddddd. I just played the video and went back to the home screen, then double clicked the home button and pressed the play button thing and it worked. But not with the new YouTube app. :(

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm on 5.1.1, so I still have the old YouTube app. I just started a video and pressed the home button and the music stopped.

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Interesting. I never knew this was possible. Have you tried the YouTube web app? That may work with audio in the background, but I haven't tried it.

Update: Background audio does work in the YouTube web app in safari using the task bar play button. Enjoy!

6. shantisyndrome

Bronze

And thennnn you double press the home button, swipe to your right until you get to the music buttons and press play and it should continue the music from YouTube

7. shantisyndrome

Bronze

Oh crap it works! Thank youuuu! I missed that feature lolol. Maybe I was using the mobile version all along... Yikes.

8. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Download jasmine it's a free youtube app and let's you play the audio in the background.