I know this has prob been asked a lot BUT-

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Is there a way to go back to factory settings after you unlock/jailbreak your phone? If I, say, want to send it back to Apple for repair or something? Would they know you have jailbroken it? This is the only thing keeping me from jailbreaking

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The only problem comes in when you drop your phone and damage the connector at the bottom. Then you can't plug it in to iTunes to do the restore before you send it to Apple.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That would probably be one of the most unfortunate occurrences for someone that is Jailbroken. I suppose draining the battery completely might work, because then Apple might not be able to plug in an adapter to get a charge.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That would probably be one of the most unfortunate occurrences for someone that is Jailbroken. I suppose draining the battery completely might work, because then Apple might not be able to plug in an adapter to get a charge.
Yup, that would be standard operating procedure for that situation.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Jeez, smart thinking.