I know this topic has been discussed...

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
but I was wanting some clarification on the ability to watch videos embedded on particular sites. I just recently found out that flash wasn't supported by default (huge disappointment but mostly due to my lack of knowledge/research) so I'm just trying to grasp at straws here.

One site that I frequent is a competitive gaming site that has tons of user uploaded videos and I was wondering if anyone could verify whether or not these videos were viewable on the current iPhone.

The site is http://www.mlgpro.com and if you click on "Gameroom" at the top. A page should pop up with multiple videos submitted by users. Could anyone PLEASE try to load the page and see if they have any luck whatsoever? I'm not very optimistic but I've been contemplating getting an iPhone for a while now and even more now that the launch of the 3G is just under a week away and this is one of the aspects I'm still on the fence over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

May 6, 2007
United States
You are correct, iPhone does not support Flash and thereforee will not play most embedded videos. I went to the site you mentioned on my iPhone, just to be sure, and the videos showed up but when clicked did not show up. There were white squares where the viewer should be, of course, because Flash is not currently supported.

There is mixed knowledge right now on whether or not Flash will actually end up on the App Store and thereforee on the iPhone, but we are all hoping. Stay tuned and good luck.

BaLLi5t1c

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
Thank you for that timely response. I knew joining these forums would be a good idea. It is a disappointment but at least I know now. Thanks again.

May 6, 2007
United States
Thank you for that timely response. I knew joining these forums would be a good idea. It is a disappointment but at least I know now. Thanks again.
No problem. Good luck with all of it.

Stick around the forums and you will see if there are ever advancements towards iPhone Flash.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
nope cant maybe with a new app in the future we could be able to tho