I lost installer (install.app) need urgent help

Jan 16, 2008
Hello friends ...i installed 2-3 softwares after that phone was updating main screen and suddenly i found that installer icon is missing. what can i do for recovering. ? ? i have 1.0.2 version and biggest problem is itune is not working

I downloaded latest version of itune and installed ...but not working i formated my pc and again downloded newer thought not working ....please need help to get installer back and iTunes also ....thank u

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hello friends ...i installed 2-3 softwares after that phone was updating main screen and suddenly i found that installer icon is missing. what can i do for recovering. ? ? i have 1.0.2 version and biggest problem is itune is not working

I downloaded latest version of itune and installed ...but not working i formated my pc and again downloded newer thought not working ....please need help to get installer back and iTunes also ....thank u

Wait, you are jailbroken and you downloaded latest iTunes? (7.6?) and installed?

You formatted your PC too?

Are you unLocked too?

Jan 16, 2008
yes

Wait, you are jailbroken and you downloaded latest iTunes? (7.6?) and installed?

You formatted your PC too?

Are you unLocked too?

ya i formated my pc to install iTunes but not working and i have 7.6 iTunes
when i m opening iTunes it starts in prosess but not showing ....and i don't have any backup also ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
ya i formated my pc to install iTunes but not working and i have 7.6 iTunes
when i m opening iTunes it starts in prosess but not showing ....and i don't have any backup also ...

You did not have to format your disk to get iTunes.

Now are you unLocked?

Does your jailbroken phone work?

Jan 16, 2008
working but cant find installer.app

You did not have to format your disk to get iTunes.

Now are you unLocked?

Does your jailbroken phone work?

phone is not jailbroken i think ..bcz i can call from my phone ...and other features works well. i installed paralles and iTunes in it.then i m starting iTunes it works but whn connects it shows error that i phone cant connect phone error e8*000001 something like that ....i want that installer back ...what i do ?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
phone is not jailbroken i think ..bcz i can call from my phone ...and other features works well. i installed paralles and iTunes in it.then i m starting iTunes it works but whn connects it shows error that i phone cant connect phone error e8*000001 something like that ....i want that installer back ...what i do ?
Are you on windows.? what Operating system?

When you said you were installing apps using Installer that tells me you are jailbroken. What apps were you installing?

Next I am going to end this by telling you waht to do.

Jan 16, 2008
yaa i m on windows

Are you on windows.? what Operating system?

When you said you were installing apps using Installer that tells me you are jailbroken. What apps were you installing?

Next I am going to end this by telling you waht to do.

i am on windows ....i installed 2 games ipong and nes and 2 application 1 was launcher and 2nd is sketches ...ok tell me what to do now ....thanks ...i have 1.0.2 version firmware...and i don't know how to unlock iPhone exactly ...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i am on windows ....i installed 2 games ipong and nes and 2 application 1 was launcher and 2nd is sketches ...ok tell me what to do now ....thanks ...i have 1.0.2 version firmware...and i don't know how to unlock iPhone exactly ...

LISTEN to me. You are Jailbroken, and now you want to unLock. For all I know you prob are unlocked.

I think you have succeeded in pulling my chain. Where are you from?

Jan 16, 2008
no u wrong judged me

LISTEN to me. You are Jailbroken, and now you want to unLock. For all I know you prob are unlocked.

I think you have succeeded in pulling my chain. Where are you from?
no i m not ...succeeded ...i am from india. really i am facing this problem otherwise why should i stayed till this late night here time is 5.30 am. i waked up whole night to solve problem ...was jumping forums 2 forums then i got that u r solving ppls que. thats y i asked ...i really need help ....:eek:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
no i m not ...succeeded ...i am from india. really i am facing this problem otherwise why should i stayed till this late night here time is 5.30 am. i waked up whole night to solve problem ...was jumping forums 2 forums then i got that u r solving ppls que. thats y i asked ...i really need help ....:eek:

But you see, when you don't answer or say all the answers in the beginning it causes problems, and I can not give a correct answer.

So now because you are in India I now know for a fact that you are:

Jailbroken
UnLOcked

And this is the whole problem. You do not want to restore or update if you downloaded iTunes 7.6....it will brick your phone.

My last suggestion to you is:
Install a program called "Dock". It will put a small sunburst in the lower right of your screen. You can then put your finger on the sunburst and an arc of icons will open allowing you to launch your programs. Use that to launch Installer and then you can get in and uninstall them. Although installing Summerboard should have gave you the ability to scroll your icons. Have you tried to swipe your finger from the bottom of the homepage to the top and see if the icons scroll so you can get to the others?

Jan 16, 2008
yaah ..i tried to swipe ..

But you see, when you don't answer or say all the answers in the beginning it causes problems, and I can not give a correct answer.

So now because you are in India I now know for a fact that you are:

Jailbroken
UnLOcked

And this is the whole problem. You do not want to restore or update if you downloaded iTunes 7.6....it will brick your phone.

My last suggestion to you is:
Install a program called "Dock". It will put a small sunburst in the lower right of your screen. You can then put your finger on the sunburst and an arc of icons will open allowing you to launch your programs. Use that to launch Installer and then you can get in and uninstall them. Although installing Summerboard should have gave you the ability to scroll your icons. Have you tried to swipe your finger from the bottom of the homepage to the top and see if the icons scroll so you can get to the others?

i tried to swipe from all side but no achivement. i am finding that softwares which u wrote me ....but tell me how can i install them without installer ? i setup wi-fi at home and i can access internet in safari in iPhone ...if u have yahoo or gmail id or skype or any ...then we can chat live ....please reply soon thanks again for your kind help

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i tried to swipe from all side but no achivement. i am finding that softwares which u wrote me ....but tell me how can i install them without installer ? i setup wi-fi at home and i can access internet in safari in iPhone ...if u have yahoo or gmail id or skype or any ...then we can chat live ....please reply soon thanks again for your kind help

download a program called ibrickr to get that. Now I have to go. goodluck.

Jan 16, 2008
bro....please don't go wait a moment

download a program called ibrickr to get that. Now I have to go. goodluck.
i told u i don't know how to install software without installer ...so tell me that and if u have direct wi-fi link then send me and please give your messanger id please waiting

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i told u i don't know how to install software without installer ...so tell me that and if u have direct wi-fi link then send me and please give your messanger id please waiting

iBrickr is for installing.

I am going off line now.

Jan 16, 2008
thanks brother ...i got ibrickr

iBrickr is for installing.

I am going off line now.
very very very thankful 2 u .... :d i m very happy now ...i got some clues now and i can install software also ...thanks ...a lot .... :d

ashwin007

Feb 28, 2008
hvin same prob!

very very very thankful 2 u .... :d i m very happy now ...i got some clues now and i can install software also ...thanks ...a lot .... :d

hey ankit, dis is Ashwin. Im frm Delhi. Im hvin de same problem. pls help me. wat did u do? wen im connecting de iPhone 2 pc its sain cant connect and some error 0x000001.
also ibrick doesn't detect my iPhone. pls help me. im hvin dis prob fr 2 days nw.

Thanking u already
Ashwin

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
And this is posted under iPhone Cases because........

Jan 16, 2008

hey ankit, dis is Ashwin. Im frm Delhi. Im hvin de same problem. pls help me. wat did u do? wen im connecting de iPhone 2 pc its sain cant connect and some error 0x000001.
also ibrick doesn't detect my iPhone. pls help me. im hvin dis prob fr 2 days nw.

Thanking u already
Ashwin
hey ashwin ...meet me on yahoo msngr .... so i can help you ...
my yahoo id is ankithonda ( a t ) yahoo.com