I lost my jailbreak!

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by JWiPhone, Apr 1, 2013.

1. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

Well I did the unthinkable, and I'm seriously bummed! I had my iTunes screen open and had problems doing a backup. I will sometimes get a 'could not backup because backup session failed' message. Anyway, I had my manual backup screen open in iTunes and was clicking at the same time the iOS update message popped up so I must have accidentally clicked after the backup was starting up. I had walked away when the backup was continuing to take care of some other businesss. When I returned about 15 minutes later it was installing the new iOS. I quickly stopped everything and unplugged my iPhone but the backup had already taken affect. I guess I'm basically screwed. I went ahead and finished installing the 6.1.3 so I can use my iPhone.

I guess I will be getting the new iPhone 5S as my main reason not to was to preserve the jailbreak. I'm really bummed about this. I should have put some safeguard in place so a download would not happen.

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Lol.....live and learn... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's weird, JW. The same exact thing happened to me this morning. I was pretty bummed, so I drank a Heineken, fell asleep and had a dream that you were flying over my house in a hot air ballon dropping iPhones attached to little parachutes for all of my neighbors. Luckily, the one I caught had 6.1.2! Unfortunately, I woke up from the dream to find my phone still stuck on 6.1.3. It was a soul-crushing moment and I realized this iPhone is dead to me now. So I'm going to destroy it and take my chances with an Apple Care+ replacement being on 6.1.2. I have a campfire going right now. I can't wait to see the look on the Genius' face when I bring in the charred remains of my iPhone 5 and tell them I was jumping over firepits when my iPhone fell out of my pocket.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Go home, Mindi; you're drunk.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, I was just trying to one-up JW's April Fools prank.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Haha! JW lost his jailbreak! On April 1st, no less! :D

7. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

LOL You guys are no fun at all! Dammmmnnn it!

april_fools_day.gif

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Do a hard reset of your sense of humor and you'll be fine. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I had an idea you would figure it out. I'm going to have to improve my game. LOL I really do have that happen with the backup error messages and iTunes will ask if I wish to update to iOS 6.1.3