I love my new iPhone, but...

TeamPEZ

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
I wish I could sync to a calander ... I'm a school teacher/coach/tutor/dad and I need to be able to type things on my calander and sync ...

I use yahoo.com to sync my address book, but it won't sync my contacts.

Any apps out there that will do both? Any ideas?

TIA,

-TP

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I wish I could sync to a calander ... I'm a school teacher/coach/tutor/dad and I need to be able to type things on my calander and sync ...

TIA,

-TP
I sync to MobileMe, which syncs to my Google Calendar--I also added my MobileMe calendar to my girlfriend's Google Calendar, so she can keep updated on things.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You can go and sign up for a free account at nuevasync.com and setup your phone to sync your calendar. I highly suggest you sync before hand and that you read everything.
I set it up and if it wasn't for the fact that my calendar doesn't change often enough to warrant push service, I probably would have kept it.
I have the Google Calendar sync tool installed on my PC and it sync's my outlook to google. All I have to do from there is sync my phone nightly with my PC

Nikki205

Bronze
Oct 8, 2007
Nuevasync does not work with v2.1 update. It freezes the calendar. They are working to resolve and think that new update (2.2 ?) will correct. See http://nuevasync.blogspot.com/ for information.
I am currently using Google Calendar. It sends email for each item ( if requested) and also sends an email for the entire day's listing. You can add an event on Google calendar and it will show on the Google Calendar set up on the on the iPhone and vice versa.
The only problem and it's a big one is that there is no audible reminder-ie NO ALARM.
Hoping Pocket Informant for iPhone will solve my problems.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL

TIA,

-TP
I use Outlook 2003 and it syncs ALL of my contact info and everything, including ALL of my notes attached to my calendar appointments. Outlook 2007 and iCal for Mac will do the same thing too.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I use iCal and then Spanning Sync to sync to Google Calender then try to sync my phone everyday but just putting it on the dock, then "autosync" when it is connected. I eject then I am good to go.