I love technology!

huskerboy

May 18, 2009
Just sitting on the couch browsing over wifi on my aluminum MacBook as I charge my iPhone. I remember it was very cool when I had my "Wizard" organizer and Motorola Micro Tac Lite 15 years ago. I like this better.:cool:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i don't remember what i had for breakfast...

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Just sitting on the couch browsing over wifi on my aluminum MacBook as I charge my iPhone. I remember it was very cool when I had my "Wizard" organizer and Motorola Micro Tac Lite 15 years ago. I like this better.:cool:
Yep,..and 15 years from now we will be posting the same about our current gadgets.
Who remembers the very first handheld calculators, the texas instruments (TI) and the Bomar Brain...They are now museum pieces...and actually are at the Smithsonian.
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/blogs/index.cfm?blogid=4&entryid=1321

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
In the 1970s, my girlfriend/fiance bought me a Texas Instruments calculator (it was branded by Longines Symphonette). It was an expensive tank and did the four basic math functions. Wish I still had it.

Found a pic:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I remember my Dad recording us with a monster sized video recorder with the VCR pack strapped to his back. Cheap cell phones take way better video than that thing and it was not cheap, it cost $3,000 in the eighties. Most people didn't even have one back then, he had to borrow it from my Grandpa. I remember getting our first answering machine as well. We had to get the neighbor kid to call our phone to test it out because we only had the one landline for the whole family. Oh how times have changed, lol.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I finally grabbed an image of this toy that I used to see kids playing with in elementary school in Ohio waaay back in the 60s:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I just remember having a 2400 baud modem and my own phone line and I was freaking king of the world.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I remember my Dad recording us with a monster sized video recorder with the VCR pack strapped to his back. Cheap cell phones take way better video than that thing and it was not cheap, it cost $3,000 in the eighties. Most people didn't even have one back then, he had to borrow it from my Grandpa. I remember getting our first answering machine as well. We had to get the neighbor kid to call our phone to test it out because we only had the one landline for the whole family. Oh how times have changed, lol.
That pretty funny, my dad had the same setup when i was a teen, and he made me the designated video recorder for all weddings and functions we went to...the videos were always shakey looking because you had 25lbs of equipmemt straped around your neck lol.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I remember our first VCR. Wired remote (read: $$$). The family was gathered around it Christmas morning and I asked if one had to be quiet while a show was being taped, lest your voice end up in the recording. Oh, naiveté.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I remember our first VCR. Wired remote (read: $$$). The family was gathered around it Christmas morning and I asked if one had to be quiet while a show was being taped, lest your voice end up in the recording. Oh, naiveté.
Dude I never owned a VCR with a wired remote but my cousin had one back in the day. I remember when I went over to his house and I was like wtf, why is your remote attached? lol

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I remember being the greatest
actually that is the past
present and future
carry on

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
In the 1970s, my girlfriend/fiance bought me a Texas Instruments calculator (it was branded by Longines Symphonette). It was an expensive tank and did the four basic math functions. Wish I still had it.

Found a pic:

I honestly thought that was a screencap of the iPhone calc...

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
What? The title is deceiving, I thought you had a thing going for technology.. is that why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Hahahahaahahhaa

FAIL

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Tarek, clocks and watches with Roman numerals do that intentionally. I just looked at my Rolex, and it is the same.