I loved my Blackjack, but the iPhone is so much better...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I'm repeating this post here since I think it's my duty to have some of the negatives around here balanced out by giving a voice to the silent majority of happy users. Hopefully lurkers will see that many of us are very satisfied with our iPhones.

I've had over two dozen PDA/converged devices, my most recent being the Blackjack. I really loved it, and it was the best smartphone I had used to date. In fact, the other day I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I should consider going back to it instead of my iPhone. The lack of cut and paste was annoying me...I don't need it often, but when I do, I really miss it. MMS is not a necessity, but it is nice, when apart from family, to send MMS messages. And I personally really rely on a ToDo list, which is absent from the iPhone. I also have a very irreguluar schedule, along with over 1200 contacts - a global search for the iPhone would be a godsend for me.

so...I pulled the Blackjack out of the drawer yesterday, dusted it off, and fired it up.

What was I thinking?! How did I *ever* live on that postage stamp screen?! I mean, after getting used to the absolutely luxurious screen of the iPhone, that Blackjack screen looks like a postage stamp, literally!

And the Blackjack has no wifi. and the rocker button is hard to hit just right. And the battery blows. etc, etc.

And oh yeah, web surfing on a smartphone actually makes me throw up in the back of my mouth a little.

Anyway, it's true. For every one thing where the iPhone is lacking, there are 20 things that no other device in the world can touch.

So there. :)

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm repeating this post here since I think it's my duty to have some of the negatives around here balanced out by giving a voice to the silent majority of happy users. Hopefully lurkers will see that many of us are very satisfied with our iPhones.

I've had over two dozen PDA/converged devices, my most recent being the Blackjack. I really loved it, and it was the best smartphone I had used to date. In fact, the other day I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, I should consider going back to it instead of my iPhone. The lack of cut and paste was annoying me...I don't need it often, but when I do, I really miss it. MMS is not a necessity, but it is nice, when apart from family, to send MMS messages. And I personally really rely on a ToDo list, which is absent from the iPhone. I also have a very irreguluar schedule, along with over 1200 contacts - a global search for the iPhone would be a godsend for me.

so...I pulled the Blackjack out of the drawer yesterday, dusted it off, and fired it up.

What was I thinking?! How did I *ever* live on that postage stamp screen?! I mean, after getting used to the absolutely luxurious screen of the iPhone, that Blackjack screen looks like a postage stamp, literally!

And the Blackjack has no wifi. and the rocker button is hard to hit just right. And the battery blows. etc, etc.

And oh yeah, web surfing on a smartphone actually makes me throw up in the back of my mouth a little.

Anyway, it's true. For every one thing where the iPhone is lacking, there are 20 things that no other device in the world can touch.

So there. :)
Thanks for that. I came from a 8125 WM5 phone and my lord, after seeing it again I don't know how I lived on my screen either.

drubyt

Jul 10, 2007
Northeastern PA
Thanks for that. I came from a 8125 WM5 phone and my lord, after seeing it again I don't know how I lived on my screen either.
I couldn't agree more with you on the Blackjack and the 8125/8525. granted at this early stage there is more expandability and functions (if you are a businesss user) than the iPhone HOWEVER none of these devices were even close to the technology of the iPhone on their 1st release!

This is the next generation of integrated devices and surely raises the bar to new heights!

Tom