I Might Have Bricked My Phone

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I was having issues with my phone, so I tried to restore and do it all in ziPhone again, but the phone won't complete activation in iTunes. Every time I try to use ZiPhone, it tells me that the phone needs to complete activation in iTunes. Now I'm stuck and need HELP!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Isn't there an option in ZiPhone which will allow you to clear everything out (including the firmware), ready for a fresh restore so you can return it to the store? "Prepare for upgrade" or something?

Have you tried that? and then done a restore in iTunes?

It it's still broken, I'll buy it off you for tree fiddy ($3.50).

I was having issues with my phone, so I tried to restore and do it all in ziPhone again, but the phone won't complete activation in iTunes. Every time I try to use ZiPhone, it tells me that the phone needs to complete activation in iTunes. Now I'm stuck and need HELP!

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
do a DFU restore, and then use the Refurbish option in ZiPhone, and then restore once more to 1.1.4.

if that doesn't work, my sn is thenewmrbobefore4 in aim.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Isn't there an option in ZiPhone which will allow you to clear everything out (including the firmware), ready for a fresh restore so you can return it to the store? "Prepare for upgrade" or something?

Have you tried that? and then done a restore in iTunes?

It it's still broken, I'll buy it off you for tree fiddy ($3.50).
Tree Fiddy? Damn lochness monster tryin to take money!

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
do a DFU restore, and then use the Refurbish option in ZiPhone, and then restore once more to 1.1.4.

if that doesn't work, my sn is thenewmrbobefore4 in aim.
I appreciate the response. I thought it would be tomorrow before I heard something. I figured it out and all is fine. I'm kinda scared to try my youtube, but I'll just use MxTube instead. headed toward the thanks button right now.
BTW, why the change to darklight?
:laugh2:

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
read the signature.

I'm going back to the original name tonight, I don't think I'll make that deadline.

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
ZiPhone 3.0

When I jailbroke a friends iPhone I had problems with YouTube when I selected "Jailbreak & Activate" on ZiPhone. I restored and jailbroke again with ZiPhone but selected the "Jailbreak" button. YouTube worked fine when I selected "Jailbreak" NOT "Jailbreak & Activate".