I might have to upgrade sooner than I thought

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've been sticking with my v1 to save money on the monthly bill and get the 4th gen, but today the sleep button stopped working! The weird thing is that it feels normal and compresses as usual, but nothing happens. I think I got it to sleep once today after pushing it about 100 times. Has this happened to anyone and what did you do?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Have you tried restoring yet? If it's jailbroken, there's an app that allows you to lock without using that button. It's called Lock.app but I'm not sure if it's still available.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What about mQuickDo. I'm sure it's compatible with the v1 iPhone.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Have you tried restoring yet? If it's jailbroken, there's an app that allows you to lock without using that button. It's called Lock.app but I'm not sure if it's still available.
I am not jailbroken and I'm scared to restore or turn it off because how will I turn it back on? lol
I'm gonna go to the Apple store soon and hopefully they wont charge me since it's in great condition for being a year and a half old.

Jun 30, 2009
that's a good idea. you can then repair it free. but I would suggest to try by yourself more. if you restore it may be solved. if you do so before that back up your data.