I must be the biggest idiot on the planet....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sure I would have LIKED to pay 200 bucks less than I did for my phone...but.... I STILL LOVE MY iPhone! (And I'm not afraid to admit it!)

So let the flaming begin...

* I'm keeping it!

* I'll probably be buying the next gen iPhone

* I'm STILL planning to get mom an Ipod for Christmas

And I still think Steve Jobs is a pretty cool dude, even though I'm an evil PC person.

::runs from thread to duck and cover::

Sobe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Hollywood, FL
www.genmay.com
Sure I would have LIKED to pay 200 bucks less than I did for my phone...but.... I STILL LOVE MY iPhone! (And I'm not afraid to admit it!)

* I'm keeping it!

And I still think Steve Jobs is a pretty cool dude, even though I'm an evil PC person.

Thank you!

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Well you are an idiot for getting taken for $200, so am I lol.
I don't think anyone is going to get rid of their iPhone especially since it wouldn't be worth it to sell. Guess theres another positive for Apple, keep your users since no one wants to sell a barely used piece of tech for a miniscule fraction of wha they paid a few weeks ago. Just like having a REAL OLD paid for car thats worth more to you than it is sold.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
It's ok for you to think Steve is a great guy.

Theres been plenty of scams where people stuck with believing the scammer was a great guy finally of course till it eventually came to being even obvious for them.

Example: CMKM Diamonds (still with 0 money left in the company, and all the blatent evidence against its CEO, people saying he has the best intentions for them)

methcat

Sep 5, 2007
HAHA I'm so with you. I would like totally buy a second gen if it came out. Maybe not RIGHT now, but soon. If it was really different and cool! I don't know haha I love this phone and I love Apple. I have three ipods and an iPhone and I kind of want the new nanos! they're like ... so cute. See the old nanos are ugly because they're just kinda ... I don't know. Weird looking? I mean I have one but whatever it's not as cute. Howeverrrrr, these nanos are SO CUTE. I think it's because they're so short and stout looking.

I love my iPhone!

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
HAHA I'm so with you. I would like totally buy a second gen if it came out. Maybe not RIGHT now, but soon. If it was really different and cool! I don't know haha I love this phone and I love Apple. I have three ipods and an iPhone and I kind of want the new nanos! they're like ... so cute. See the old nanos are ugly because they're just kinda ... I don't know. Weird looking? I mean I have one but whatever it's not as cute. Howeverrrrr, these nanos are SO CUTE. I think it's because they're so short and stout looking.

I love my iPhone!
I think most of us love our iPhones. Though we also like to see some sort of ethics.

methcat

Sep 5, 2007
Well I personally don't feel as if I've been scammed. I wanted the iPhone as soon as it came out, so I got it. The price of getting it early was that I didn't know what would happen with the price in the future, when the new generations will come out, etc. etc.

I bet that back when the phone came out, most of these people who are complaining about the price now would've been justifying it to their friends. "Well it really is worth this much, it's amazing!"

If you REALLY felt fine about spending the $600, then you wouldn't be complaining now. Sure it would be nice if we could all get $200 back in our pockets, but we can't just say "Hey you lowered the price, give us our money back!" When prices get lowered on other products, the people who bought them first don't demand for their money back.

I understand how people are mad, but I think that it's a risk we all took when we bought our phones earlier. Mine has entertained me a lot throughout this past summer, and I'm glad that I was able to have it :)

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

* I'm keeping it!

Good thread. :cool:

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Well I personally don't feel as if I've been scammed. I wanted the iPhone as soon as it came out, so I got it. The price of getting it early was that I didn't know what would happen with the price in the future, when the new generations will come out, etc. etc.

I bet that back when the phone came out, most of these people who are complaining about the price now would've been justifying it to their friends. "Well it really is worth this much, it's amazing!"

If you REALLY felt fine about spending the $600, then you wouldn't be complaining now. Sure it would be nice if we could all get $200 back in our pockets, but we can't just say "Hey you lowered the price, give us our money back!" When prices get lowered on other products, the people who bought them first don't demand for their money back.

I understand how people are mad, but I think that it's a risk we all took when we bought our phones earlier. Mine has entertained me a lot throughout this past summer, and I'm glad that I was able to have it :)
It's plain out Fraud!
I couldn't even imagine if something I paid $500+ for did this within 2 months of purchase.

I can just imagine if my brand new BMW had its MSRP lowered 30-40% a few weeks-2 months after buying it. It's unethical and I guess Apple thinks they are above it since they have a shield of zombies.

It's plain out Fraud!
I couldn't even imagine if something I paid $500+ for did this within 2 months of purchase.

I can just imagine if my brand new BMW had its MSRP lowered 30-40% a few weeks-2 months after buying it. It's unethical and I guess Apple thinks they are above it since they have a shield of zombies.
So sell the phone on ebay and move on with life. You'll be much happier.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
So sell the phone on ebay and move on with life. You'll be much happier.
Did you miss today? My iPhone isn't worth anything anymore. Its a 4GB iPhone that I'd be lucky to get 20-25% of the purchase price I paid a few weeks. I'll be much happier once Apple stock keeps dropping tomorrow.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I don't get it.

Why is this fraud? Why are people who willingly went out of their way to pay a certain price for the iPhone suddenly crying foul?

Nobody tricked ME into buying mine.
I knew the price before I bought it. No hidden charges, no disguised rates.. All out in the open.
I also knew it was a bit pricey for what I was getting.

But so very very cool.

People are just too concerned about everybody else's businesss these days. The scammers are the ones who made a decision to buy, changed their mind because the item is cheaper, and now want somebody else to take responsibility for it.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I don't get it.

Why is this fraud? Why are people who willingly went out of their way to pay a certain price for the iPhone suddenly crying foul?

Nobody tricked ME into buying mine.
I knew the price before I bought it. No hidden charges, no disguised rates.. All out in the open.
I also knew it was a bit pricey for what I was getting.

But so very very cool.

People are just too concerned about everybody else's businesss these days. The scammers are the ones who made a decision to buy, changed their mind because the item is cheaper, and now want somebody else to take responsibility for it.

Scammers let me know what the price is before I pay too:rolleyes:

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
Did you miss today? My iPhone isn't worth anything anymore. Its a 4GB iPhone that I'd be lucky to get 20-25% of the purchase price I paid a few weeks. I'll be much happier once Apple stock keeps dropping tomorrow.
Did it stop working? Is that why it is not worth anything anymore?

methcat

Sep 5, 2007
You were not scammed. You got what you paid for. Your phone still works, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. You got it early, that's the price you had to pay. Stop complaining about it.

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
No Discontinuing it and making its resale value almost zero.
Ahh... the resale value. Very different concept from worth. I misunderstood, I thought you were angry because something that was of worth to you, had suddenly become worthless.

Sorry, for your loss though.