I need a new housing for my 3G - is this one legit?

BlkIS300

Dec 25, 2008
NC
I have a black 16GB iPhone and my rear housing and chrome bezel are getting worn. I want to change it to the white rear. I found this website but I'm not sure if this is Apple OEM. I'm concerned about the overall quality.

Here is one I found but this does not come with the tools to open iPhone.

http://www.hyratech.com/US-apple-ip...ebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed

This is the website I found and been looking at. They have all sorts of colors but like I stated before. I doubt this is OEM and I'm concerned about the quality.

http://www.ecaseshop.com/full-housing-faceplate-cover-for-iphone-3g-16gb-white.html

I searched and saw nothing about this site. Also if you have any other webistes that have the housings in stock please post the link.

Thanks for looking!

-C

BlkIS300

Dec 25, 2008
NC
Sorry -- Wrong section could a mod move this to the proper section?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I don't think you really should worry about the quality of this back case. It can't be much worse than the quality if it came from Apple... (if it didn't) :rolleyes:

BlkIS300

Dec 25, 2008
NC
Haha, I plan on ordering it soon. If I don't find anything else.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have only taken the phone apart as much to replace the glass screen and LCD but I can tell you that taking apart the outer housing is no easy task. In order to do so you must disassemble the entire phone, which is going to be a real hassle. If you are prepared to do it then the first link looks the most legitimate.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I'd just keep what you have. It still works, right?

I think scratches etc. add character... :)

BlkIS300

Dec 25, 2008
NC
I watched the video on how to take it apart again... it doesn't look that bad... I got information on the housing for 35 bucks, and I was told has "fitting" issues. So I'm just going to have to keep searching for oem... the prices are ridiculous even with out the bezel.