I need a new Macbook Pro, should i wait...

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I heard that a new model is coming out in possibly the second quarter of 2015, or sooner, but I think it might be mostly speculation. I'd hate to buy a new machine now and then a month or two down the road find out a new model debuted and it has newer hardware... Then again I need a new machine now as mine is way too slow to run Xcode 6 or even Photoshop. Decisions decisions...

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I would say it's really up to you obviously. I haven't heard of any official news for Apple bringing out new Mac's. Maybe you can wait a little while longer to see?

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I would say it's really up to you obviously. I haven't heard of any official news for Apple bringing out new Mac's. Maybe you can wait a little while longer to see?
Yes i might wait it out, but that probably will depend on my old macbook pro too...shes been a faithful machine but starting to give out now.

The regular MacBook Pro probably won't be updated and is an old model. I wouldn't get one.

The Retina MacBook Pro is Mid-product Cycle. It received a minor update on July 29 2014. It has been 150 days since last release and the life cycle average is 259 days.

Great source http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac