I need a program to get my music off my iPhone for free

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
period. I don't want to pay for any software. I need to take my music, contacts, pictures, movies etc... from my iPhone to my PC and back again after a restore. Repond with FREE Full version programs only.

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
iTunes only allows you to ad music that you bought from the iTunes store. It doesn't allow you to take mp3s that you ripped from cds that you own.

Remember that I had to reinstall windows and lost all my music. The only music I have now is from my iPhone and I would like to put it back on my PC.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
iTunes only allows you to ad music that you bought from the iTunes store. It doesn't allow you to take mp3s that you ripped from cds that you own.

Remember that I had to reinstall windows and lost all my music. The only music I have now is from my iPhone and I would like to put it back on my PC.
I always thought the iPod (iPhone) back-up facility of iTunes kept both purchased and 'other' music.

In that case just take it directly off the phone with Fugu or WinSCP

I think it's in /private/var/root/Media

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
WinSCP does not see the iPhone on the pc. Dang this sucks, I would hate to lose my music, pics, etc...
Is the phone jailbroken with ssh installed? , if it's not that'd be the answer, apart from the fact that that'd wipe all the music and there wouldn't be anything to fetch.

blackcat

Jul 16, 2007
period. I don't want to pay for any software. I need to take my music, contacts, pictures, movies etc... from my iPhone to my PC and back again after a restore. Repond with FREE Full version programs only.
Check your PM, I sent a link that may help. Good luck.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.

Uhmmm that's 100% wrong. I have over 25 gigs of ripped music in mp3 format. iTunes recognizes them, and they are on my phone... In fact, if you insert a CD, iTunes will ask if you want to rip it...

Did I not get something in your post?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

I have hundreds of songs--none purchased---that iTunes handles. Where do you get your info?

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
blackcat you are the man. That saved my life and I had no way to get the songs from my iPhone to my pc.

To the others, if you don't have any music stored on your PC, iTunes has no music to handle. I lost all my files due to a hard drive crash and the only music I had was on my iPhone.

Thank god blackcat knew what I was talking about and I was able to pull the music from my iPhone back to the PC. I'm happy as hel! now and the world is a safer place.