I need AIM on my iPhone

akasixcon

Sep 27, 2007
I was getting unlimited texting on my old cell phone for $60 a month and made the switch to an iPhone with unlimited internet thinking there would be an AIM application, but there isn't. I would want to use AIM to multitask with other things (such as listening to music, browsing the web) like I would with SMS. If I load up Meebo on Safari and listen to music on the iPod then I won't receive any IM when I go back to Safari.

What is the best way to get AIM to multitask on my iPHone? There are so many instructions on how to mod that I do not know a proven method. Also what is the worst that could happen to your iPhone? I heard it could get "bricked". And also when a new update comes out, how do I delete the "modifications" i did on my iPhone? Will I be able to restore it to its factory settings once its modded so theres no traces that I modded it?

Thanks.

mattolson

Bronze
Aug 23, 2007
I was getting unlimited texting on my old cell phone for $60 a month and made the switch to an iPhone with unlimited internet thinking there would be an AIM application, but there isn't. I would want to use AIM to multitask with other things (such as listening to music, browsing the web) like I would with SMS. If I load up Meebo on Safari and listen to music on the iPod then I won't receive any IM when I go back to Safari.

What is the best way to get AIM to multitask on my iPHone? There are so many instructions on how to mod that I do not know a proven method. Also what is the worst that could happen to your iPhone? I heard it could get "bricked". And also when a new update comes out, how do I delete the "modifications" i did on my iPhone? Will I be able to restore it to its factory settings once its modded so theres no traces that I modded it?

Thanks.
Please use the search button.

P.S. You can not get AIM without modding, and modding is 100% safe if you have the intelligence of a 3rd grader.

akasixcon

Sep 27, 2007
I'm going to try this. Basically I need a solution where I can multitask and not get disconnected when using my iPod while i'm still connected to AIM

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
or you can just wait for the ichat update, which i hope is soon!

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
use Apollo.

that is all.

(sorry, i didn't read everything above...but that's the answer i find works best)