I need AIM on my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

akasixcon

Sep 27, 2007
I was getting unlimited texting on my old cell phone for $60 a month and made the switch to an iPhone with unlimited internet thinking there would be an AIM application, but there isn't. I would want to use AIM to multitask with other things (such as listening to music, browsing the web) like I would with SMS. If I load up Meebo on Safari and listen to music on the iPod then I won't receive any IM when I go back to Safari.

What is the best way to get AIM to multitask on my iPHone? There are so many instructions on how to mod that I do not know a proven method. Also what is the worst that could happen to your iPhone? I heard it could get "bricked". And also when a new update comes out, how do I delete the "modifications" i did on my iPhone? Will I be able to restore it to its factory settings once its modded so theres no traces that I modded it?

Thanks.

mattolson

Bronze
Aug 23, 2007
I was getting unlimited texting on my old cell phone for $60 a month and made the switch to an iPhone with unlimited internet thinking there would be an AIM application, but there isn't. I would want to use AIM to multitask with other things (such as listening to music, browsing the web) like I would with SMS. If I load up Meebo on Safari and listen to music on the iPod then I won't receive any IM when I go back to Safari.

What is the best way to get AIM to multitask on my iPHone? There are so many instructions on how to mod that I do not know a proven method. Also what is the worst that could happen to your iPhone? I heard it could get "bricked". And also when a new update comes out, how do I delete the "modifications" i did on my iPhone? Will I be able to restore it to its factory settings once its modded so theres no traces that I modded it?

Thanks.
Please use the search button.

P.S. You can not get AIM without modding, and modding is 100% safe if you have the intelligence of a 3rd grader.

akasixcon

Sep 27, 2007
I'm going to try this. Basically I need a solution where I can multitask and not get disconnected when using my iPod while i'm still connected to AIM

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
use Apollo.

that is all.

(sorry, i didn't read everything above...but that's the answer i find works best)