I need an accessory guru!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 26, 2007
Here is my situation
At this point, my iPhone is naked and I am looking to buy a case/protection of some kind.

I have 2 options

1. Soft case w/invisibleshield underneath
- I have had bad experiences with softcases/skins from my iPods involving them getting dirty, streched, etc.
- I am wondering if the rubber cases are best for drops (protecting against the iPhone dying/not working)

2a. Hard plastic case with screen guard/invisible shield
- I would want a hard case that is not bulky whatsoever and i don't really want a beltclip or holster, as it will be in my pocket most of the time (removable clip is fine)
- Wondering if protection against drops is a lot worse than rubber (protecting against the iPhone dying/not working)

2b. Hard leather case with screen guard/invisible shield
- Wondering if leather scretches/gets dirty like a soft case/skin

My opinion is that the invisible shield will protect against any type of scratches, etc... so the point of my case would be to prevent the phone from like dying or not working after a fall.
But... from this picture http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-133--2654.htmdoes it looks like the shield does not prtect the metal/stainless steel lining around the screen... isn't this an area where a lot of scratching occurs?

Thanks in advance
-FlyersPhanatic9

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Here is my situation
At this point, my iPhone is naked and I am looking to buy a case/protection of some kind.

I have 2 options

1. Soft case w/invisibleshield underneath
- I have had bad experiences with softcases/skins from my iPods involving them getting dirty, streched, etc.
- I am wondering if the rubber cases are best for drops (protecting against the iPhone dying/not working)

2a. Hard plastic case with screen guard/invisible shield
- I would want a hard case that is not bulky whatsoever and i don't really want a beltclip or holster, as it will be in my pocket most of the time (removable clip is fine)
- Wondering if protection against drops is a lot worse than rubber (protecting against the iPhone dying/not working)

2b. Hard leather case with screen guard/invisible shield
- Wondering if leather scretches/gets dirty like a soft case/skin

My opinion is that the invisible shield will protect against any type of scratches, etc... so the point of my case would be to prevent the phone from like dying or not working after a fall.
But... from this picture http://store.everythingiPhone.com/content/accessories/4-133--2654.htmdoes it looks like the shield does not prtect the metal/stainless steel lining around the screen... isn't this an area where a lot of scratching occurs?

Thanks in advance
-FlyersPhanatic9
I would say to go with option 2b. I don't think the leather stretches at all, and it would not get as dirty as the rubber cases.

Go Capitals!

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I think the only person who can answer this question is you. At least in my opinion, a case for a technology item is very personal. You can see that from the many posts over this board and many others. What one person loves, someone else is bound to hate. I have yet to find a perfect case for my iPhone, but I'm hoping the Vaja classic case fits the bill.

I tend to be paranoid about protecting my iPhone, since I already have a small dent on a corner and the scratched bezel from a rubber/silicone case. With that said, the iPhone is beautiful and I don't want to cover it up or make it bulky. At the moment, I'm using it nekkid until my Vaja case arrives. I also don't believe in screen protectors because they never go on right, at least in my experience. I'd rather deal with the possibility of a scratch that have a screen protector that's not on right or has a piece of dust under it.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Joe

Jun 26, 2007
I think the only person who can answer this question is you. At least in my opinion, a case for a technology item is very personal. You can see that from the many posts over this board and many others. What one person loves, someone else is bound to hate. I have yet to find a perfect case for my iPhone, but I'm hoping the Vaja classic case fits the bill.

I tend to be paranoid about protecting my iPhone, since I already have a small dent on a corner and the scratched bezel from a rubber/silicone case. With that said, the iPhone is beautiful and I don't want to cover it up or make it bulky. At the moment, I'm using it nekkid until my Vaja case arrives. I also don't believe in screen protectors because they never go on right, at least in my experience. I'd rather deal with the possibility of a scratch that have a screen protector that's not on right or has a piece of dust under it.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Joe
thanks Joe

this title is not very intriguing so i created a different one
this thread is in the process of being deleted/closed