I need an opinion...

Sinn

Jun 12, 2009
Martinez, CA
What is the best way to go about getting an iPhone 3gs? Here are my two options.

1) I began the reservation process through Apple.com and have yet to go down to the Apple store to finish it off by talking to their concierge.

2) Go to the Apple store directly and reserve my phone/setup my plan.

Which would be the best option?

More information:
-I currently have Verizon (puke) and am planning on porting over my number, and paying my ETF.
-I am planning on getting a iPhone 3G S 16Gig White
-I don't want to get it delivered, I don't trust my roommate.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
My opinion: get a new roommate.

seriously, though, i would reserve online, and then hash it out on the 19th. You can also do that at an ATT store, btw.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
It depends on you. At this point, there's probably already a good amount of pre-orders in front of you, but I don't think the 3G S will be as big of an event as was with the 3G. I pre-ordered at an AT&T store because the closet Apple store is 30 minutes away. the AT&T is just about walking distance from my place.

As for the rest of your post, I highly recommend you do NOT port your number during the activation process. Set up the new account and get a new number. Try out the iPhone and the service before porting from Verizon. When you're ready, just go into a local AT&T store of call customer service and they'll do it for you.

Joe