I need help jailbreaking my 1.1.2 iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

seabase

Oct 16, 2007
I followed the steps on this site for upgrading and unlocking my iPhone, but when i come to run the jailbreaking programme and click on the windows bat file, there is a window in dos that opens and closes and nothing happens. Can anyone please help me.
Seabase
Thanks a lot!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You need to actually extract the contents of the ZIP file to another folder.
I did the same thing and was confused because I was looking at the files in the zip, and not from a regular folder. Once I put the files unzipped in a regular folder, it ran like a dream.

seabase

Oct 16, 2007
You need to actually extract the contents of the ZIP file to another folder.
I did the same thing and was confused because I was looking at the files in the zip, and not from a regular folder. Once I put the files unzipped in a regular folder, it ran like a dream.
Thanks dude for all the help.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you are getting that in iTunes, CLOSE it first. The launch the extracted windows.bat file. ( I would tell you to also go into the task manager and end iPod service and iPod helper as well, before launching the bat file.)

john jones

Nov 27, 2007
Unlock original 1.1.1 activated phone with new 1.1.2 update

I followed the steps on this site for upgrading and unlocking my iPhone, but when i come to run the jailbreaking programme and click on the windows bat file, there is a window in dos that opens and closes and nothing happens. Can anyone please help me.
Seabase
Thanks a lot!

I need to unlock my activated iPhone. It had the original 1.1.1 and i recently upgraded it to 1.1.2. Is this unlock possible ? I orignialy tried to unlock it before my upgrage with anysim 1.1. It said it was successful but never worked. I upgraded to 1.1.2 because i needed to restore it.....Please help

djf1530

Dec 4, 2007
I have tried it with iTunes closed and open

If you are getting that in iTunes, CLOSE it first. The launch the extracted windows.bat file. ( I would tell you to also go into the task manager and end iPod service and iPod helper as well, before launching the bat file.)
I have tried it with iTunes closed and open. Its the jailbreak software that is telling me "connect device"

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Reboot your computer, and then try a different USB port. If that still doesn't help, try a different cable if you have one. I have had this problem with the BT dual dock. ended up using the stock cable in a different port.

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
What also helps is if you extract everything in the zip folder into the actual C: drive under my computer. I had the same problem until I just extracted it into the C: drive when I was jailbreaking my 1.1.2 firmware.

iCreep.