I need help, my son deleted a ton of apps!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hinezy, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I figured the best thing to do would be to restore from my last backup. When I did this, none of my apps were neatly organized in their folders anymore! I have a couple hundred apps so i'm hoping to find a way to get them back into their old folders without doing it all manually.

2. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Aren't kids great? :unsure:

I dunno. When I upgraded to iOS5 te phone automatically restored everything and all the apps were in the same place as when I started. Not sure what to do except to do it manually. I know -- not much help.

3. Bitewound

Bitewound Evangelist
    Gold

Ugh, if you don't have them backed up in folders, you're going to have to do it again .Sorry :-(

4. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I can't figure out why my last backup didn't organize my folders!? The only thing different than any other time I backed it up was that it was from an over the air sync and backup.
    I ended up having to go with an older backup, my last backup from my iPhone 4 before getting my 4S.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

There were just enough changes with the iPhone 4s and iOS5 to cause backup/restore operations to lose formatting (like folders). Also, this last backup you used to restore might not have been organized with folders. Are you backing up and restoring from a Mac computer?

6. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Yeah, from a Mac. I have my folders back now, the older backup worked.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

7. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Your not alone it took me an hour on my iPhone and iPad to redo the folder me the update left.