I need help, my son deleted a ton of apps!

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I figured the best thing to do would be to restore from my last backup. When I did this, none of my apps were neatly organized in their folders anymore! I have a couple hundred apps so i'm hoping to find a way to get them back into their old folders without doing it all manually.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Aren't kids great? :unsure:

I dunno. When I upgraded to iOS5 te phone automatically restored everything and all the apps were in the same place as when I started. Not sure what to do except to do it manually. I know -- not much help.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I can't figure out why my last backup didn't organize my folders!? The only thing different than any other time I backed it up was that it was from an over the air sync and backup.
I ended up having to go with an older backup, my last backup from my iPhone 4 before getting my 4S.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
There were just enough changes with the iPhone 4s and iOS5 to cause backup/restore operations to lose formatting (like folders). Also, this last backup you used to restore might not have been organized with folders. Are you backing up and restoring from a Mac computer?