I Need help with jailbreaking!

Patton91

Aug 17, 2008
I just got a 16 gb iPhone 3g yesterday, and so far I love it! from the beginning, I knew I wanted to jailbreak it, and I found out about winpwn a few weeks before I bought the iPhone.

So, today, I read through some manuals, and successfuly created a custom firmware, and then SUCCESSFULLY restored my iPhone in iTunes using that firmware (when the iPhone rebooted, I saw that the custom startup background was there, so I knew it worked)

Well, I thought I would need to restore the earlier backup of my iPhone, and sure enough, iTunes prompted me to either restore said backup or create a new phone number. So, I chose restore backup, hoping that it would not erase the custom firmware.

When the restore finished, the iPhone rebooted, and I saw with relief that the custom logo was still there.

However, upon recognizing the iPhone, iTunes proceeded to AGAIN promtp me to restore or create a new phone.

I just restored it again, using the new backup that I assume was created during the last restore, but the problem persists! ANY help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Patton91

Aug 17, 2008
yes, I did. It said, "iTunes has been pwned." or something like that.

Patton91

Aug 17, 2008
i think i fixed the problem, I just restored to a previous backup and then created it as a new iPhone in iTunes! YAY!