I need help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

perrynyc

Sep 23, 2007
I found a iPhone on the train yesterday but it has a passcode on the device.
When I plug it into the pc for iTunes it says I need to unlock the phone first.
How can I unlock the device?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Of course you're trying to get the contacts to see if you can return the phone I'm sure....right?

;)

imhonest

Sep 23, 2007
iPhone lost and found

if you found an iPhone then go to ifoundyouriPhone.com and report it found. If the phone is registered, you will be able to get into contact with the owner through that website and possibly get a reward.

bnelse92

Jul 29, 2007
You probably will not be able to get into it if it has a passcode. I suggest taking it to a AT&T store or Apple store and see if they can track the owner through the serial number. Of course, that is assuming that you are not a scumbag planning on keeping it if you can find a way.:)

Rumdada

Sep 23, 2007
You should take it to an AT&T carrier and see if they can track the person down, i hope you not tryin to keep it remember karma is a B____ soo just think before you do ne thing dumb my friend n good things happen to good people :laugh2:

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
Don't you people think that these are spam? Their FIRST post on the forum is to report that they miraculously found a $600 phone and want to unlock it? No mention of finding the owner?

Don't fall for it. There was another discussion on this earlier and it got pretty heated toward the OP. But, it wasn't getting the OP feathers ruffled, it was only getting the active forum members feathers ruffled.

Now, you gave the OP good advice. Go to any ATT store and hand it over. He will never unlock that PIN # and the phone will be useless. Thats as far as this really has to go. No sense in getting everyone to chime in with the same comments over and over which is exactly what the OP wants.

FW

Sep 21, 2007
Don't you people think that these are spam? Their FIRST post on the forum is to report that they miraculously found a $600 phone and want to unlock it? No mention of finding the owner?

Don't fall for it. There was another discussion on this earlier and it got pretty heated toward the OP. But, it wasn't getting the OP feathers ruffled, it was only getting the active forum members feathers ruffled.

Now, you gave the OP good advice. Go to any ATT store and hand it over. He will never unlock that PIN # and the phone will be useless. Thats as far as this really has to go. No sense in getting everyone to chime in with the same comments over and over which is exactly what the OP wants.

FW
Call 1800-my-Apple

Quote the s/n etched on the back. Apple has a lost and stolen phone department. It can match the s/n with the correct owner.

The only way to get around the passcode is with a full restore and without the usb cable it's not going to happen.

Do the right thing and call Apple

Scott

Sep 24, 2007
Call 1800-my-Apple

Quote the s/n etched on the back. Apple has a lost and stolen phone department. It can match the s/n with the correct owner.

The only way to get around the passcode is with a full restore and without the usb cable it's not going to happen.

Do the right thing and call Apple

yes i agree i would be very mad if someone found my iPhone and just pocketed it.

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
you found my babe thanks.... lol jkjk I hope you find the owner of the phone... I can almost feel the pain he or she is going though....

good luck

bawilli2

Jan 18, 2008
giving this guy a hard time

guys... so you will talk all day about trying to beat/hack/crack/bypass Apple securities and locks to unlock your iPhones. you all want ways to get ahead, this guy needs his. shouldnt have lost your iPhone, now this guy has it and needs help. we arent hypocrites here, just help him out guys.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
guys... so you will talk all day about trying to beat/hack/crack/bypass Apple securities and locks to unlock your iPhones. you all want ways to get ahead, this guy needs his. shouldnt have lost your iPhone, now this guy has it and needs help. we arent hypocrites here, just help him out guys.
I'll help him find the nearest Apple store location so he can turn it in.