I Need Help

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I have been looking on here for 2 days on how to get my email to work again. I have tried everything that I have read so far nothing works. I use Yahoo and it worked fine till I updated to 1.1.4 and jailbroke with ziPhone. That was 2 days ago. Help me please someone?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What is going wrong with Yahoo Mail exactly?

A few comments / thoughts for you:

Did you use latest version of ZiPhone (3.x)? If so, others may chime in here, but I believe it is not as good a version as the 2.5 versions of it were.

Did you setup your phone with a new partnership with iTunes or restore a backup? Generally, new partnerships lead to *MUCH* better results ...

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
It tells me that my username or password is invalid. I used the latest version of ziPhone and I used the back up from iTunes. I don't use outlook so all my contacts are in the phone.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It tells me that my username or password is invalid. I used the latest version of ziPhone and I used the back up from iTunes. I don't use outlook so all my contacts are in the phone.
I thought latest version is supposed to not have any password issues - that sucks.

Few things you could try:

Try a restore to clean 1.1.4 (backup your contacts with TimeCapsule app if necessary and email them to yourself so you can restore them back afterwards) and then setup a NEW partnership with iTunes instead of restore from backup. This fixes *so* many jailbreak issues.

If you don't want to restore and JB again, try looking for answers vi ZiPhone's IRC channel - find the details at the ZiPhone blog:

http://www.ziPhone.org/

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Yahoo sucks.

really.

i don't know why people use it, where there is absolutely no advantage to it

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I thought latest version is supposed to not have any password issues - that sucks.

Few things you could try:

Try a restore to clean 1.1.4 (backup your contacts with TimeCapsule app if necessary and email them to yourself so you can restore them back afterwards) and then setup a NEW partnership with iTunes instead of restore from backup. This fixes *so* many jailbreak issues.

If you don't want to restore and JB again, try looking for answers vi ZiPhone's IRC channel - find the details at the ZiPhone blog:

http://www.ziPhone.org/
Ok another question. If my mail isn't working how can I email it to myself?

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
That would be great if I was smart enough to know how to ssh!

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Yahoo sucks.

really.

i don't know why people use it, where there is absolutely no advantage to it
Can you suggest one that will work? One that will notify all my contacts of the change?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
SSH isn't all that hard. I can walk you through via IM. My username is jbanks290.

- John

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
SSH isn't all that hard. I can walk you through via IM. My username is jbanks290.

- John
That would be awesome! But it will be this afternoon before I will be at a pc. windows vista