I need iPad Security @ My Desk

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Sharunda, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hi eiC!

I was wondering if there is a secure lock for the iPad. I work in a big building and there have been reports of digital devices being stolen right off of peoples desks. There was a report of a woman stealing money out of another woman's purse and when she was caught red handed by the owner of the purse, she simply stated, "I've got to feed my kids." O_o What?! I suppose her paycheck was not enough. Anyhow, there are Apple pickers in my mist and I need a cable for my iPad. I put it in a drawer but I was just hoping there was a more secure solution.

Please help.

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

patrickj Thanks! I do worry about it when I leave my desk. What prompted me to ask is that I saw an article about Apple stores getting a new cord that resembles the power USB cord but with a lock icon on it for the stores to secure the iPads and Mac Books near the entrances of the Apple stores. It is so simple and elegant I was hoping something like that was available for the public. The ones I've seen for consumers, are very involved and not simple like that one. There are no plans to release a similar device to the public by Apple.

The work environment here is challenging, but the best thing to do is watch your stuff. I'm on the 8th floor and we have a company police squad (they are real police men, women and detectives) on the 7th floor. They have guns and everything so you would think crimes wouldn't happen here, but they do. We also have a new cleaning crew who has been stealing stuff and picking locks of drawers and locked cabinets. The police get the complaints and I don't know what they do about it. I hope they have narrowed it down to exactly who is taking the stuff but who knows. They do arrest people who work here. I saw them take a lady out who was harassing another employee. She went out of her way to steal from this woman and trash her cube on several occasions. They had to put a camera up in the cube to see who was doing these things and they saw. She came in on her day off in order to trash this cube, but on this day it was a mistake because the camera was set. It was sadistic and sad, and we're not talking about young people. This woman has to be in her late 50's but she got arrested and fired.

Thank you so much for the link. (y) I'll look through them and see if any would be good.

It's hard having nice Apple stuff, they are hot commodities. :eek:

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Yikes, that sounds awful. Hope the cameras help weed out all the worst culprits. Also hope you find a good solution for keeping your iPad safe.

5. giraffefox

giraffefox New Member

Well, I thought the find my iPad feature would be a theft deterrent.

What bothers me most right now about my new 4th generation iPad is that there is no way to disable the code lock function, unless you use it --which thing is too cumbersome for me. I do not want to key in a four digit code every time I open the cover or whatever. Any enemy could simply get hold of my iPad, open settings, and put in a code. What, then, could I do?

This problem does seem to irk me.