I need some battery advice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I never use wifi, rarely get online with EDGE, and hardly ever use the iPod features. My typical usage is texting and email with a little talking. I am getting around 4 hours use and 13 hours of standby with around 1/4 of my battery left. I can NOT go more than a day and a half between charges and some people are talking about getting 2 or 3 days of use. Also, I am always in EDGE and never trying to pull a signal, which I know kills the battery. Do I have a bad battery?

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
hmm not sure i don't want to say ya or no but in my opinion i think you should get it checked i get about a day and half and straight 4 hours of safari usage be4 my battery gives me tehe warning but if i don't use safari i can get about 4 hours of usage and 2 days of stand by

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I never use wifi, rarely get online with EDGE, and hardly ever use the iPod features. My typical usage is texting and email with a little talking. I am getting around 4 hours use and 13 hours of standby with around 1/4 of my battery left. I can NOT go more than a day and a half between charges and some people are talking about getting 2 or 3 days of use. Also, I am always in EDGE and never trying to pull a signal, which I know kills the battery. Do I have a bad battery?

Your battery is absolutely fine....it's really getting pathetic how many people come here every week with the same question.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
go into settings and dim your display to about 30%. also in the ipod settings make sure you have the EQ turned off. and since you don't use wi-fi, go ahead and make sure this is off. With these settings, and i do use some wi-fi, i'm getting 2 days off of one charge, and i use my phone ALOT.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
seriously I'm starting to hate these battery question. We need a sticky to note the following BIG battery hogs:

1.) Brightness of screen
2.) Strength of the ATT signal (HUGE factor in battery life)
3.) How much the screen gets turned on

All that other bull crap about checking email every 15 minutes or leaving wiFi on (which is actually better for battery life in the same location) leaving on Blue tooth etc are all pretty small in their own way.

My suggestion. Completely drain the battery one day then do a FULL recharge. If you have good ATT signal throughout the day and turn the brightness down to 30% and still don't last at least 1.5 days (which you already do) then you may have a bad battery.....but the thing is bad batteries are rare....people are just too whiny about low battery life in a SMART PHONE!