I Need Some Help! Is My Phone Bricked?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 31, 2007
im on 1.0.2. I was browsing installer when all of a sudden my phone froze up. It unfroze about 3 mins later to only repeatedly restarting itself. It flashes several times at the Apple logo screen. Between flashes you see either the home screen or referee pattern distortion. When it stops doing that it goes to the home screen which at this point is not touch sensitive. The only thing that reacts to touch is the dock sunburst in the lower right corner, but it wont open the apps and acts very erratic. Every now and then it allows me to open an app but freezes before it actually launches it. Then it goes back to the home screen, where MOST of all this time the loading icon(the little circle of transparent lines in the middle of the screen) is flashing away. It also seems like the sun burst is reacting to the flashing because becomes more intense while the loading icon flashes and then dies back down after it restarts itself. My computer doesn't even detect my phone being plugged in let alone iTunes. It also seems like this is happening in a repeated cycle.:( Thanks 4 any help u can give in advanced

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
put it in restore mode and restore the firmware and start over again... make sure when you hit restore you shift click it and select the 1.0.2 version unless you want to update to 1.1.1... and if you do go to 1.1.1 if you phone has been unlocked... by unlocked i mean for carriers not jailbreaking then you have to revirginize your baseband first before the upgrade but if you didn't unlock then you can just jump right into 1.1.1 and jailbreak with the www.hacktheiPhone.com method using jailbreak or any others you find... there are a few posts on here of diffrent methods on how to do that...