I need some help with Jailbreak!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Decibel9M3

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Ok, before the 1.01 update I had no problem using the Jailbreak to add custom ringtones and logos, etc. But ever since the update, I've been unable to get jailbreak to work properly.

I've checked a lot of other threads, including WJP09's custom ringtone thread and I am still having no luck. I am not getting any replies in the older threads either, so I thought I would start a new one.

WJP09 mentioned that you need both of the update files, so I tried unzipping both the update files in my iPhoneMOD folder. That didn't seem to change the situation at all. Jailbreak still get's stuck at the:

"Sending More Files..."
"Booting iPhone..."

Jailbreak just eventually crashes after a certain amount of time.

I've tried restoring my iPhone a number of times, but that doesn't seem to help either.

There are others that are having the same issue I am having, but Jailbreak still seems to work for a lot of you. Since the update you are still adding ringtones, logos, and even some of the newer stuff like the NES Emulator.

I am feeling left out. :oops:

I assume it is something I am doing wrong. But after 2 weeks now, I am still having no luck.

Does anyone have any insight on the issue? Is there something you are doing differently from WPJ09's original Tutorial thread?

Any info can help.

Thanks