I Need this In my Car

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah but it's in a corvette. Small pecker city. I like the geekage though.

H

Hayesimus

HAHA. And here I've been wanting a Vette. They are such pretty cars. :p AND yes. That is pretty cool, but I'd rather just get an LCD and maybe hook up a laptop or something

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes sucks that the iPhone cant work on the interface sideways too..

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
pretty lame. just buy a alpine dvd + ipod interface... and have a real screen.
I was looking at the Alpine but never pulled the trigger for some reason. Does it have full integration? Like answer/make calls, play iPhone videos and music, iPhone contacts, all from the head unit?

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
I was looking at the Alpine but never pulled the trigger for some reason. Does it have full integration? Like answer/make calls, play iPhone videos and music, iPhone contacts, all from the head unit?
I am not sure about that. What I posted was just for regular iPod or iPod Touch idea. It controls all through touchscreen, and of course it is aftermarket. They are all over the place. What your talking about sounds pretty cool though.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
holy crappy music, batman!

although is is custom stitched...

H

Hayesimus

haha. nice avatar hippo.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Awww, man, this is really good.. I'd love one in my car but it kinda sucks that it's got to be horizontal. It just doesn't work properly.

H

Hayesimus

too bad they couldn't make it omnidirectional. so that you could turn it up and use it in phone mode and then turn it sideways for ipod mode.

jslappa

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Now get that iPhone to pop outward and rotate 90 degrees so it's vertical when a call comes in and you've got a winner. Horizontal is perfect for videos, but crashtastic for making calls I bet.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
pretty lame. just buy a alpine dvd + ipod interface... and have a real screen.
Hello Sir,
Lets save the term Lame for the proper sentences..
example : "Hey isn't it pretty lame to use your school email as a username on a forum"
anyway..
i have done my research on iPhone / car intergration
and its not great at all
best u can do is play your music through your indash screen and receive calls through bluetooth
No Video
No Contact list via bluetooth to screen
(razr does this)
and im am talking about the most current indash dvd/gps models
i am really shocked that there are so many iPhones
and nothing is being done to aid the iPhone owners with car intergration
i want video .. touchscreen...phone intergration..
hopefully one day they will catch up
Good day sir.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
The short comings are thanks to Apple's closed interface. The SDK at current does not allow any access to the port, so even after 2.0 there may not be any full integration. But for sure at some point there will be. Seems an oversight at this point, especially with many states outlawing phone use without hands free. Crap, I need to pull over if I'm going to post any more.

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
The short comings are thanks to Apple's closed interface. The SDK at current does not allow any access to the port, so even after 2.0 there may not be any full integration. But for sure at some point there will be. Seems an oversight at this point, especially with many states outlawing phone use without hands free. Crap, I need to pull over if I'm going to post any more.
Hello Sir,
your response was entertaining ..at times boring and overall on point.
i suggest you change your username to SonicBoom
because i prefer to see a post by sonicboom rather than see on by sonicwind
so go ahead and do that then report back
Good Day

H

Hayesimus

Now get that iPhone to pop outward and rotate 90 degrees so it's vertical when a call comes in and you've got a winner. Horizontal is perfect for videos, but crashtastic for making calls I bet.

Pretty sure I said that in the post above yours :p

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
Gheyness to the max.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have a Lexus and installed the Vaistech SoundLinQ2 (SL2Vi) - iPod Video Interface Adapter. I can watch/listen to all movies and songs stored on my iPhone & iPod via my 7" GPS screen and have the sound pump out on all 13 speakers. I can control everything from the screen or via the devices themselves.

I also use the car's built in Bluetooth to make receive calls.

The technology is there, just got to find it.

hello sir,
good day sir