I need to buy a case, I think..

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
ok, guys.....i'm reading more and more horror stories about ppl dropping and breaking their phones. How can i avoid this? What's the best case you've seen?

"BEST" to me = sleek, discreet, not big, doesn't make the phone hard to put in your pocket, or get out. Maybe a case that's like a thin rubber surround?

Anyone got any ideas? Links would be appreciated. :)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Why does everyone want to just slide the phone in their pockets? why not a holster type thing ..

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Some people don't like to wear batman belts.

I'm sure I'm going to go through a couple of cases before I find one I like. I went through about ten iPod cases before I found one I liked. I ended up with a Vaja.

As for the iPhone, check out Apple's site first for a good list. You may want to surf over to griffintechnology.com as they have some cool cases too. It all depends on what you want. There are holsters, clear cases, skin cases, rubber cases and probably some I'm forgetting. It all depends on your tastes.

Joe

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I made my own holster out of my old iPod case and the included iPhone cloth. Works great :)

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
lol good one Kev ... I dunno i bought the Incase Leather/Nylon Folio , it runs on the belt sideways not up and down like these other big shits and its very nice and small honestly..

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Holsters are seriously UNcool. lol
I want my phone to be as close to naked as possible.

gregneedham

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I have the InCase and I love the look and fit, but...

I am getting lots of small scratches on the metal rim around the screen. All I can figure is that dirt from my pocket or bag is getting trapped in between the edge of the case and the phone and as the case edges move, it is scratching the surface. I buffed them out this morning with an iPod scratch remover, but I am reluctant to use the case without some protection for the metal edges.

I am using the DLO HipCase today, nice leather, mounts horizontally on the belt and allows access to the headphone jack for hand-free talking. Looks very deluxe, and I don't normally like belt-mounted holsters.

I also have the DLO Jam jacket, which has nice solid corner bumpers and a very very cool way to wrap and store the headphones built into the back of the case. It works so well that I use it to store my headphones even when I am not using the case.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007

drubyt

Jul 10, 2007
Northeastern PA
I have been using the Belkin case since the release date and it seems to be slim enough to not feel like you are wearing a utility belt! However it is a pain to always have something tied to your waist. I use the case to protect the investment.

Tom

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
not trying to be a ***, but go search the accessories subforum, lots of stuff there for ya - also the reviews on this website have proven pretty knowledgeable so far. :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
not trying to be a **** but go search the accessories subforum, lots of stuff there for ya - also the reviews on this website have proven pretty knowledgeable so far. :)
Yeah, i thought about that after I made the post. Tried to delete, but couldn't. lol

I guess I was really looking for more of people's opinions on whether or not I should get one at all...

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Yeah, i thought about that after I made the post. Tried to delete, but couldn't. lol

I guess I was really looking for more of people's opinions on whether or not I should get one at all...
I had mine in a FoofPod case and dropped it. Of course, the corner that was exposed hit the floor and put my first scratch in my iPhone. Not happy.

I think some sort of iPhone protection is necessary, but it depends on your needs. You can start with Invisible Shield for scratch protection and the move up from there. Then it becomes a trade-off of bulk vs protection. As Britna recommended, a sleeve offers you a mix of both.

-Chris

davemanic

Jul 10, 2007
bestskinever applied, waiting for a sleek beyza case, and the marware
quick vue, then I'll be straight.
currently using the dlo leather case.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
im gonna advocate robhon's cases again. i received mine today and it feels like a really solid and functional case, but isn't bulky or cheap at all.

the belt clip is unlike any other case ive come across. VERY rigid yet easy to swivel when you want it to. it is also very clear cut at what points it sticks in place.

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I have the InCase and I love the look and fit, but...

I am getting lots of small scratches on the metal rim around the screen. All I can figure is that dirt from my pocket or bag is getting trapped in between the edge of the case and the phone and as the case edges move, it is scratching the surface. I buffed them out this morning with an iPod scratch remover, but I am reluctant to use the case without some protection for the metal edges.

Which Incase case do you have? I have the Incase protective cover that I use at home when the phone is just sitting on my desk. The rubber only covers the back and edges but it is good protection. I have crystal film on the screen. Is this the one that is causing the scratches?

http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59019

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Which Incase case do you have? I have the Incase protective cover that I use at home when the phone is just sitting on my desk. The rubber only covers the back and edges but it is good protection. I have crystal film on the screen. Is this the one that is causing the scratches?

http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl59019
Sorry to go off topic but where did you get that cover? I’ve been looking everywhere for it. Also, would you be able to (with the cover on) fit your iPhone in a holster?

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
I got the Incase cover at the Apple Store when I got my iPhone. No it doesn't fit inside a holster with it on. I was hoping it would since I have a thing about not exposing the glass cover when I'm out and about. But when I leave home I take it out of the Incase cover and put it in the Griffin Elan or the Belkin holster.

I think you can order directly from the Incase website; I did that for my ipod nano case.