I never learn - iPods/iPhones never work for me right out of the box!

Jul 14, 2008
When will I ever learn?

My first iPod took 2 days to figure out, reformat, straighten out and load with music.

None of my kids' iPods ever worked correctly right away, but I guess I just got used to it.

My iPhone 3G I could not get to sync with iTunes, it also took me a day or more to straighten out (I could activate the phone, but could not sync my music).

Now the new shuffle caught my eye. I figured I would use it to entice/bribe myself to get back into a workout routine. WHAT WAS I THINKING BUYING A BRAND SPANKIN' NEWLY RELEASED IPOD?!?!?!?!?!

Since picking it up Saturday afternoon, I have spent over 6 hours trying to get the voiceover feature to work, with Apple Care on the phone, surfing the web, and even a trip back to the Genius Bar where I waited nearly 2 hours to have a Genius test my 1st shuffle, declare it defective, give me another one, only to have that one fail to load voiceover just like the first one!

I've had enough, but the question is, will I remember the next time Apple releases something shiny and new? Probably not...

Jul 14, 2008
By the way, I still think the new shuffle is an interesting product, I just wished it worked with my PC. Maybe I'll try it again in a few months, but tomorrow its going back to the Apple store and I'll be damned if I pay the restocking fee!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I went to 2 different Apple stores this past week and neither had the new Shuffle in stock, nor did they have it on display. I thought it was pretty odd.

Jul 14, 2008
I went to 2 different Apple stores this past week and neither had the new Shuffle in stock, nor did they have it on display. I thought it was pretty odd.
Both stores near me had them, but one only put them on dispay yesterday (the reps were walking around with them clipped to their own shirts).