I placed my iPhone in my pocket and it made an outgoing call, how can I aviod this?

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
I was checking emails and I placed my iPhone in my pocket and then when I took it out a few minutes later there was a live call to a recent person that I had called earlier......!#^&* weird

how can I avoid this?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I was checking emails and I placed my iPhone in my pocket and then when I took it out a few minutes later there was a live call to a recent person that I had called earlier......!#^&* weird

how can I avoid this?
Press the sleep button on the top of the phone, so you have to "Slide to Unlock" to resume any function.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
press it when I am done doing whatever I'm doing you mean?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
this is weird. i thought that it was touch activated only... and it made a call in your pocket? that is weird

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Be sure it's asleep, and if you want over-kill, set a passcode.

- John

Wolfmother

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
New Jersey
that's weird but my advice is the same as everyone elses. Put iron sleep mode when you put it in your pocket. Also that helps you save your battery.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
That happenend the other day to a friend of mine, he unknowingly dialed me, I answered and I could hear him getting out of the car, shutting the car door, and going into the house. He never knew it happened until I called him later in the day.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
yeah i've done this a few times... that's just because i don't sleep it and my fingers wander lol

but yes, putting it into sleep mode will fix all your problems

JimD

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
New Market, MD. USA
That happenend the other day to a friend of mine, he unknowingly dialed me, I answered and I could hear him getting out of the car, shutting the car door, and going into the house. He never knew it happened until I called him later in the day.
My wife and I refer to this accidental dialing while in the hip-pocket as a "butt-call".

I've gotten some really long butt-calls, sometimes you can hear the conversation in the car going on and on...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Heh... I've done it as well though. After a call it often goes back to my favorites page. Then I think I'm pressing the sleep button, but with my rubber skin, it's hard to know for sure... if I'm not looking, it's easy to put it in my pocket live. If I then put my hand in said pocket for whatever reason (ahem) I can easily call one of my favorite people by accident.

Fortunately, the screen is large enough that someone usually says, "Dude, your pants are glowing"