I predict the next iPhone will be called...

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
...iPhone LTE.

iPhone 5 wouldn't make any sense anymore.
iPhone 6 would make look like there's a gap between 4S and 6.

If the next iPhone has LTE capabilities, then yes I think it will be called iPhone LTE. I also predict the following:

- New housing (gotta be this time), but still retaining the same design as the 4/4S.
- Larger screen, but not by much. Edge-to-edge.
- Quad-core A6 chip?
- 2GB RAM

What do you all think?

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I won't argue, but I have no doubt in my mind it will be called iPhone 5. Period.

They are not going in any order obviously. Think about it. The 3GS would have been a 4. The 3G wasn't even the third iPhone. It was the second one. Use your melons people.

Oct 3, 2009
I won't argue, but I have no doubt in my mind it will be called iPhone 5. Period.

They are not going in any order obviously. Think about it. The 3GS would have been a 4. The 3G wasn't even the third iPhone. It was the second one. Use your melons people.
Totally agree

- 2GB RAM

What do you all think?
For some reason I doubt this. They didn't even feel the need to break the 1 gig mark with the 4S. Actually didn't even increase the ram from the 4 to the 4S.

Jun 25, 2010

Uh, the iPhone 4 was the 4th iPhone. iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S.

I'm sure the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5 just because it is the next version step if they continue to use numbers. I don't think Apple would use "LTE" as a name, it just doesn't sound clean enough.

I think the iPhone name may be dropped all together at some point, but in the next gen iPhone? Probably not.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
...iPhone LTE.

iPhone 5 wouldn't make any sense anymore.
iPhone 6 would make look like there's a gap between 4S and 6.

If the next iPhone has LTE capabilities, then yes I think it will be called iPhone LTE. I also predict the following:

- New housing (gotta be this time), but still retaining the same design as the 4/4S.
- Larger screen, but not by much. Edge-to-edge.
- Quad-core A6 chip?
- 2GB RAM

What do you all think?
disagree. the only reason Apple called the second iPhone the 3G was because the only big difference between it and the v1 was its 3G radio. If the whole phone gets upgraded (like the iPhone 4), then I'm sure it'll be called something that implies a more comprehensive upgrade.

And for god's sake people, it won't be iPhone 5.

phonejunkie30

Bronze
Jul 22, 2009
Grand Prairie Tx
I think it will follow the same pattern iPhone 5 then after that iPhone 5s it's been that way since the 3G came out why would Apple change now they don't often get out of character

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Uh, the iPhone 4 was the 4th iPhone. iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S.

I'm sure the next iPhone will be the iPhone 5 just because it is the next version step if they continue to use numbers. I don't think Apple would use "LTE" as a name, it just doesn't sound clean enough.

I think the iPhone name may be dropped all together at some point, but in the next gen iPhone? Probably not.
I meant that in a sense as 3G then what comes after 3G you would think? 4 right? But no? It was a 3GS. Obviously they are not going in a conventional numerical order. They didn't even have an iPhone "1" or "2". There was just iPhone. Then they came out with iPhone 3G. Which was named for the 3G service we get. Then they had the 3GS which was a speedier version of their 3G phone. Now, think about it....they had to come up with a namefor the next iPhone. Why not 4? It fits. Then the 4s because it's a speedier version. I think that at first they weren't intending the numerical thing. Heck, I bet they didn't even realize how successful the iPhone would be. So I think they grabbed the ball and ran with it. You can save this post and mark my word. The next phone will be the iPhone 5. Why? Because it fits. It sounds cool. iPhone LTE.... That doesn't fit.

Post edited. I'm an idiot.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I meant that in a sense as 3G then what comes after 3G you would think? 4 right? But no? It was a 3GS. Obviously they are not going in a conventional numerical order. They didn't even have an iPhone "1" or "2". There was just iPhone. Then they came out with iPhone 3G. Which was named for the 3G service we get. Then they had the 3GS which was a speedier version of their 3G phone. Now, think about it....they had to come up with a name for the next iPhone. Even tho it's not the 4th one, they named it the four. Why? Because it just fits. Then the 4s because it's a speedier version. I think that at first they weren't intending the numerical thing. Heck, I bet they didn't even realize how suscessful the iPhone would be. So I think they grabbed the ball and ran with it. You can save this post and mark my word. The next phone will be the iPhone 5. Why? Because it fits. It sounds cool. iPhone LTE.... That doesn't fit.
Not really. It's like telling your kid it's his fifth birthday when it's actually his sixth birthday.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
Not really. It's like telling your kid it's his fifth birthday when it's actually his sixth birthday.
not even close. This is a phone, which does not require any definite name or name order. Birthday is a definite date. You can't argue that. You guys can think what you want. But remember, I you argued me down when I predicted the 4s. I even called it the 4s.