I quit with winpwn

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have unlocked or hacked all the iPhones I have had with every firmware. But this one is the worst. I have read all the instructions and can't get it done. I wonder if someone will make a one click and done option. Maybe I should just go out and buy a mac, I hear it works better?

I QUIT:mad:

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Da...Dang Winpwns rep is really getting slammed this time around:sick:
-They were in the top 3 of jailbreakers on the iPhone v1 but now. . .:sick: But I guess since theirs no other selections or options we'll have to "use what we got";)

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
im having the same issues. Ive unlocked and jailbroken my V1 many times with almost every different method out there including winpwn. I still have not been able to pwn my v1 with the newest winpwn. The first few times i got errors, after the updates i no longer get errors but cydia is not installing on the phone even though the custom IPSW has it. and when i reboot the phone i get the standard Apple boot logos. i don't get it.

I was able to JB my 3g before winpwn 2.0 was even out and have not had 1 issue. I'm thinking i might as well downgrade my v1 and stay on a jailbroken 1.1.4, that way ill have all my JBin apps back at least.

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
I would bet my favorite candy bar that you just didn't follow the instructions completely correctly.

I never JB before 2.0 and used winpwn and had 0 issues at all. Took me just a few minutes.

You should go back and thoroughly read through the steps and make sure you didn't miss something.

Not putting your phone in DFU mode correctly could likely be it.

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have read the instructions many times and even had some one do it with me to make sure i didn't forget anything. I saw a link in this post for instructions, but that doesn't work either. I wish there was better instructions for winpwn for the following:

2.0 firmware
v2 3g phone
AT&T customer

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I want the spicy chicken anf cant JB. I want to punch a baby in the face.:mad:

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
I cant get my 3g iPhone jailbroken either. I tried so many different time and I keep getting a error message after iTunes extracts the software and it tries to restore I believe its the "error 1" message. Yes the phone is in DFU mode i have done it plenty of time and I even get a pop up message saying how iPhone in DFU mode. Can anyone help I also tried a different method of jailbreak without winpwn but the links were dead.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Last edited by a moderator:

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
okay i might have a solution if you have a 2g iPhone and are unable to get winpwn to work. I tried JBin my 2g with the newest winpwn several times and it didn't work and yes i followed the instructions to the T. Ive also jailbroken my 2g many many times on older FW using different methods and I JB my 3g without any problem.

So I only tried this on my 2g, as my 3g is already JB. before doing this I had gotten several errors on the 2g with winpwn and the last attempt i thought i was pwned but cydia did not show up and my boot logos did not change. but after doing all this it worked 100%:

I uninstalled iTunes 7.7, rebooted my pc. Downloaded iTunes 7.5 from the web. installed 7.5. When i ran iTunes 7.5 it gave me an error msg saying it could not open the iTunes library bc it was associated with a newer version. I searched for the library file it was talking about and simply moved it to my desktop. iTunes 7.5 opened after that no problem. I plugged in my 2g iPhone and iTunes told me it would not recognize the iPhone bc im running an old version of iTunes so i updated to 7.7 again. After updating I ran winpwn, the newest version. Followed the directions as described (create custom ipsw, pwn iTunes, restore to custom ipsw) and it worked!

I hope this helps some people. Just FYI you will most likely loose your iTunes library (music, vids, apps) when you downgrade to iTunes 7.5. just make a list of the apps you want to DL again (they will not charge you if you use the account you bought them with) or you might be able to move that iTunes library file back to its original location if you remember where it goes. I didn't try the later bc my library is an easy setup. Let me know if this helps anyone..