I Really Hope This Stays True

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

But who knows? I'm referring to the second paragraph.

photo.PNG

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Is 'standard upgrade' the same as 'full subsidy'?

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm pretty sure it is, because I think they referred to a partial upgrade last time. I'd like to think they're relaxing a bit due to customer filching by other carriers. We'll see.

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

When was the last time this line was upgraded? Mine isn't eligible until June of 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They changed the wording and it's a little misleading now, but that means you'll be eligible for partial subsidy at that time. You had partial subsidy in October 2013, so you'll be eligible for partial again a year later.

A standard upgrade just means that it's a not a Next upgrade. There are partial standard upgrades and full standard upgrades. It's saying you aren't eligible for either right now. Best pricing is the new way that they are wording full subsidy now. If it doesn't say best pricing, it's only partial.

My last discount was a partial discount in 2012, so I'll be eligible for full subsidy in September 2014. Here's mine to show the difference in wording between yours and mine:

image.jpg

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I guess that makes sense. Thanks for dashing all my hopes and dreams.

7. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm eligible for an upgrade once I pay 50% of the retail price of the phone. It's about 12% right now. This is through the Edge program on Verizon.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

But if you do that, they keep your old phone. It's best to wait and pay the phone off completely. Then you keep the old phone and can sell it. Verizon's Edge is similar to AT&T's Next plan.