I Really Hope This Stays True

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They changed the wording and it's a little misleading now, but that means you'll be eligible for partial subsidy at that time. You had partial subsidy in October 2013, so you'll be eligible for partial again a year later.

A standard upgrade just means that it's a not a Next upgrade. There are partial standard upgrades and full standard upgrades. It's saying you aren't eligible for either right now. Best pricing is the new way that they are wording full subsidy now. If it doesn't say best pricing, it's only partial.

My last discount was a partial discount in 2012, so I'll be eligible for full subsidy in September 2014. Here's mine to show the difference in wording between yours and mine:

image.jpg

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
They changed the wording and it's a little misleading now, but that means you'll be eligible for partial subsidy at that time. You had partial subsidy in October 2013, so you'll be eligible for partial again a year later.

A standard upgrade just means that it's a not a Next upgrade. There are partial standard upgrades and full standard upgrades. It's saying you aren't eligible for either right now. Best pricing is the new way that they are wording full subsidy now. If it doesn't say best pricing, it's only partial.

My last discount was a partial discount in 2012, so I'll be eligible for full subsidy in September 2014. Here's mine to show the difference in wording between yours and mine:

View attachment 35870
I guess that makes sense. Thanks for dashing all my hopes and dreams.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm eligible for an upgrade once I pay 50% of the retail price of the phone. It's about 12% right now. This is through the Edge program on Verizon.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm eligible for an upgrade once I pay 50% of the retail price of the phone. It's about 12% right now. This is through the Edge program on Verizon.
But if you do that, they keep your old phone. It's best to wait and pay the phone off completely. Then you keep the old phone and can sell it. Verizon's Edge is similar to AT&T's Next plan.